Nice lug work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Walking around Wadebridge, Cornwall this morning. Came across a nice Argos parked up outside a cake shop. Got chatting to the old guy who owns the bike, and he said that the lugs were specially made for him, as a one off, by a jeweller in London. What do you reckon?

20171010_115020.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Very nice. Part of the reason for cutting out lugs was to make it easier to check that the braze had fully penetrated the joint.

daysnways

not entirely implausible,...however, anyone with their name on their frame and running those tacky wheels on a retro bike may need help :wacko:

this bike seems to have an identity crisis...lol

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
not entirely implausible,...however, anyone with their name on their frame and running those tacky wheels on a retro bike may need help :wacko:

this bike seems to have an identity crisis...lol
He said he used to Audax a lot in past years and had been a member of a local club, the name of which escapes me now. Seemed a nice chap, possibly in his late 70s. I think his surname was Heyes.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
The good: Lovely looking frame, and great the chap is still cycling, and it looks to be my size if he ever wanted to pass it on, I'd happily ride it and I'm not called Norman:okay:
The bad: those wheels, red?!...with that frame..somebody have a word^_^..and I expect many of us have flexibility issues in our late 70's, and I'm sure it makes for a more comfortable ride for him an all, but I cannot un-see that Mr Tefal headset/stem arrangement:whistle:

wonderdog

Spokesman may blow me out of the water but I think these lugs hark back to an early iteration of a Carlton International. The Italians may have invented Rococo but English lug cutters refined the movement.

Top Bottom