nice old bas***d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
on my way home tonight on my usual commute and about to turn right. I keep an eagle eye in front and a close eye behind, way before my right turn I signal right...ready to turn...not going too fast...next minute bam!! some old git on the left decides to come out into the traffic (he had been parked at the side of the road) and not looking behind...all my lights are on and I am wearing high vis!..bam! I see him just a few seconds before I hit and pull on the breaks but still manage to side the car and come off my bike. I'm lying on the road...he looks at me and before I can react he drives off and leaves me....you old bas***d!!! Thanks to the lady who asked was I ok...I was a little shook up the bike seems ok frame appears unscratched but slight scratchs on the black tubus rack and and the quick release on the wheel...easily treated with black carplan touch up pen (typical cyclist more worried about his bike^_^ Did I learn a lesson tonight? Well I am always vigilant but sometimes it is impossible to cater for the totally unexpected, this was a bit of a freak. All I would have asked of the driver was to approach me and say sorry...are you ok?....I hope it happens to you some day you old bas***d. I think I've now realized the importance of liability insurance....put me off cycling...not a hope in hell...after 10 mins I got on my bike and headed home....to ride and fight another day^_^^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry about that. I was on the phone.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm sure you'll be ok, shakes you up. I knew it couldn't have been that bad as you were lying in the road you were more worried about how you could get the scratches off the rack and quick release than whether you had any injuries!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
And you didn't even get this:

image.jpg

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Sorry to hear that. At least you're not injured. Not on the new Equilibrium I hope.
eh no...that would have been a bad start for the equilibrium but it's impossible to have a new bike and use daily and not have marks on it...ie chip marks or even fellow cyclists putting there bikes against it and thereby marking it. The equilibrium will only ever stay mark free if i keep inside! But am pleased to say the kenesis is still almost in showroom condition and it's a bike I love to ride as well.....

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
I'm sure you'll be ok, shakes you up. I knew it couldn't have been that bad as you were lying in the road you were more worried about how you could get the scratches off the rack and quick release than whether you had any injuries!
yes and to hide those scratches just ordered a touch up pen from Amazon....

gazza_d

IF he is a regular parker in that spot and you either have or can quickly confirm the make/model and reg num of the car, then I would see Doc about some "aches &pains" then report to police as a fail to stop collision.

Glad you're OK.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ditto for reporting it, but don't hold your breath waiting for the police to do anything about it.
The 'older gentleman' may well try to claim on his insurance and for that he'll need an incident number so its possible he might drop himself in the cack with the police but only if you report it. (he could say that the damage was caused by a cyclist who 'just rode off', its been known to happen)
BTW good to hear you weren't badly hurt.:becool:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
The 'older gentleman' may well try to claim on his insurance and for that he'll need an incident number so its possible he might drop himself in the cack with the police but only if you report it. (he could say that the damage was caused by a cyclist who 'just rode off', its been known to happen)
BTW good to hear you weren't badly hurt.:becool:
Or he could just say he got back to his car at a completely different location and found his car damaged?

Top Bottom