Nice towns between Manchester and Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bond

So me and the Girlfriend are looking at moving in together, but we both have interests in the two cities, does anbody know of any nice towns between the two? we figuerd that if we live some where half way between the two it should be fine for our commutes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
South Warrington - bit dear in places. Not Latchford though.

Newton Le Willows - bit further north but in middle - quite nice.

OP
OP
B

Bond

I am manchester born and bred but I just can't stand it now, its expensive and every time I go back, there is always some kind of trouble. Its a shame because I still love the city.

Newton le willows seems quite nice, will have to go and pay it a visit and see what the people are like. Lymm looks nice but if its expensive then I may give living there a miss.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
User76 said:
Move down south mate. Maybe Swanage. Your girlfriend will you love you forever for freeing her from the grimness Ooop North.
You don't want to do that, you would have to learn to drink shandies and larger tops :biggrin::ohmy:;)

OP
OP
B

Bond

Hacienda71 said:
You don't want to do that, you would have to learn to drink shandies and larger tops :blush::ohmy:;)

Agreed, I'm a real man (apart from the leg shaving, but that is solely for my sport... Honest) :biggrin:

battered

Guru
NOrthwich is pleasant and not too expensive last time I heard. Warrington is variable, can be very dear or very grotty.

stephec

Legendary Member
Try somewhere out towards Burscough, plenty of quiet country roads and you might bump into Brad Wiggins in the cafes around Rufford.

Might be a bit of a commute to Manchester though. :tongue:

Alternatively there might be somewhere nice around Wigan if you search hard enough.

Top Bottom