Nice weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Just rode into work. It's warm enough not to need a coat. It's not raining and there's just a mild breaze (perfect).

Is this the carm before the storm?

Chances are (now that I haven't got a coat) it's going to bucket it down tonight!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
excellent weather, combined with the fact that i didn't ride yesterday, and the fact that i realized that the aldi jacket i wore for the first time today matches the bike, made for a great commute :evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glorious sunshine we have up 'ere in Manchester/Cheshire. The local radio does predict we'll get the bad weather overnight .... Better than the wet both ways commute yesterday....

Although, the heating is now off in our office, cold raidators, so my huge 16" desk fan is on full blast airing my clothing......

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tynan said:
dry today but a stern headwind all the way makes for hard work

Yep know what you mean, another stiff wind today but thankfully without the strong gusts of yesterday.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok it might of been nice for you, but today I've been totally soaked in the morning (full wet weather gear on including overshoes), then in the afternoon really windy/gusty upto 46 mph. At least the sun is shining this afternoon.

redjedi

Über Member
It was nice this morning, but looking a bit gusty now in north London.

I don't like the wind as I never seem to get a tail wind ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Made it home and was just opening the flat door when I heard the torrent start. Luckily I missed it, though I'd donned my overshoes for the ride home as I suspected it might get wet at some point.

Looking a bit windy tomorrow :biggrin: Why can't I have ONE day where there's no headwind, eh ? Just for a wee rest on the way in for a change please ?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I got home two minutes before the torrential downpour started.

I blame the Americans for these high winds, it is all that hot air they are generating across the Atlantic, and the dammed election isn't until November....

domtyler

Über Member
A dry journey home for me, and a very string tail wind! :sad:

I have the child seat on the bike too which acts like a sail. Going over the top of the Bow flyover the gusts were so strong that at one point I actually had to turn round and look 'cos it felt like someone was giving me a massive push!! :biggrin:

Plax

Guru
It was fairly reasonable today. Dry on the way in - it tried spitting a few times, but held up till I got into work. Going home it was dry again. Windy but not overly so. It has really picked up now though, tomorrow might be a no goer for the bike if the wind keeps up. Found a dead sheep in the field on the way in, thankfully the farmer had moved it by the time I was going home. Must have just dropped dead as there was no sign of any injuries.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Went very windy/wet about 30 minutes after I got in - ran outside to put the bike away as the torrent came down - struggled with the garden gate...... bike away, and it's a bit wild now.

Top Bottom