Nice weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well any other Northern commuters daft enough to ride in..... headwind all the way in, hard work, but lucking forward to the ride back - horizontal rain not funny. Lots of the motorway bridges shut to trucks, M6 blocked...ho..ho..ho - just about to email ex. colleagues - as they'll all be stuck in the M6 problems....

it was bleedin windy at QPR v Blackpool last night,Goal kicking and long hoof ball made for a crap game but we won 3-2 !!,

anyway its so bleedin windy here in Boreham Stiff that my new bike is going to have to wait for the innaugural ride GRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!:rolleyes:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
fossyant said:
Well any other Northern commuters daft enough to ride in..... headwind all the way in, hard work, but lucking forward to the ride back - horizontal rain not funny. Lots of the motorway bridges shut to trucks, M6 blocked...ho..ho..ho - just about to email ex. colleagues - as they'll all be stuck in the M6 problems....

Not Northern but Eastern and it was windier than Monday. Strong headwind all the way in. please please please stay like this for the ride home.

Tynan

Veteran
went home with a hurricane behind me last night, me and someone else quick ripped through Tottenham and Walthamstow at silly speeds

today was very hard work indeed, especially the first five odd miles, steady strong wind between the eyes with regular gusts, you know it's bad when you get used to it and te bike leaps forward when you get out of the wind for a moment

it's so peaceful in the office it's heaven

fossyant

Just emailed an ex. colleague - he's working from home as only 3 out of 20 staff in the team made it in.... M6 Thelwall shut...ha...ha....told him to get a bike...

Just had another ex-colleague email me from same office - one of the 3 who got in as he's local - couldn't believe I've cycled...heh heh

To quote him.... "Were you really on your bike? Never mind the fittest man in the world, more like the daftest!!!!!!!" :rolleyes:;)

biking_fox

Guru
Interestingly gusty for me. Mostly at an angle so not too bad. Had to pay a bit of extra attention at side roads where the wind would suddenly change direction. The rain was added fun, but not actually too heavy. It just felt like it being whipped in that hard by the wind.

Cars were giving me a bit of extra room which was useful because I was certainly wobbling form time to time as gust caught me.

domtyler

Über Member
Very strong head wind all the way in this morning with the child seat. Very tough going indeed. Hopefully will be a quick and easy, wind assisted journey home again though.

fossyant

Well, it's confirmed - mere mortals think we are crazy - emailed an ex. colleague, and it's gone round a load of them..."He's ridden in this'....... loads of funny comments flying in....

Like this.......

"You know those cheesy American movies where there is a major disaster like a meteor hitting the earth or a nuclear bomb being dropped and there is a hero who walks half way across America to save his cute children or his girlfriend? That man is Anthony. He's awesome."

Well it's confirmed....we really are nuts.............

Got me laughing - even the guy who is training for the Paris Marathon thinks I'm nuts, yet he is out tonight running ?

CotterPin

I'll take "awesome", fossyant. Not bad!

Tail, head, and side winds on my ride in. Just when you thought you should be getting blown along you find yourself struggling. Next second you are propelled forward. Two seconds later you are taking a skip sideways. All very entertaining!

Mac66

Blowing a hooley out here in Newbury. Not so bad getting to work because mostly tailwind, but nearly came to a stop at somepoints. Going to be mucho tough on the homeward stretch

Freewheeler

Drove the car for the first time this year today. Train was cancelled too as apparently they couldn't get the empty stock to Liverpool from Norwich (trans pennine), got the local stopper and was only 20 minutes late to work. M6 near the Thelwall Viaduct was locked solid as I passed under it too.

(I mean, commuted by car for the first time this year, I haven't left it parked since January :sad: )

PrettyboyTim

As I was eating my breakfast there some scarily powerful gusts and I decided to walk / tube it in today. However, after I'd had a shower and was getting ready to leave, the wind seemed to have calmed down, and I thought to myself: "It's just waiting for me to get on my bike so it can blow me off!".

I left the house, started walking down the road and then decided to turn back and bike it. I realised I'd never regretted biking in, only ever regretted not biking in. Of course, as soon as I pushed my bike out of the door the wind started up again, but it was exhilarating. :sad:

Top Bottom