1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicole Cooke

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 21 Aug 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

gets title No. 8 when she again won the Ladies British Championship. Let's hope she can carry this form over to the next rounds of the WC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

Phew! I thought you were going to say she had failed a dope test or summat.

Good on her!

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

why can't we have more ladies' cycling on tv? especially those shots of the tts from behind the riders :blush:

4. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Shots of TTs are always from behind innit. Otherwise the cyclists could draft the camera vehicle. Interview with Cooky in this months mag but it wasn't very revealing - that's tabloid sytyle journalism for you I guess. The woman doing the interview seemed to be more interested in Cooke's shoes than in her cycling, which is sad and really quite irritating. But then I thoght the whole 'women's cycling' bit was all a bit, 'Ooh look, girls cycle too, but they need their own special mag section and need to be wearing pink to do it..' How very annoying and there was nothing in it that I could relate to at all. What's wrong with proper Pro-team kit, or more serious looking plain kit in decent bold colours?!! I like it anyway.

5. nickwill

nickwill New Member

Hi Leo,
    Nice to see you've found your way here. How the hell have you managed to amass 200 posts in such a short time?
    The womens' section would have been very boring for me, if it hadn't featured several pictures of the lovely Cara!

6. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Well not having a 'proper' job probably helps! :biggrin:

The bit I found interesting was reading about Isla Rowntree - the owner of Islabikes. I didn't know she was a racing cyclist - no wonder she's so keen on starting 'em young! xx(