Night Photography and Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zzpza

I thought I would try and combine two of my favourite hobbies in one outing late last Saturday night / early Sunday morning. I'm quite please with the result.

3688014807_e97c013bff_o.jpg

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
mmm, i like that :becool:

it's funny how some pics just come out right. someone posted a photo on my favorite mini forum a while back, they just stuck the camera out of the window on the motorway and took a snap of their mate. best photo I'd seen in a long time :wacko:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
here we go... found it...

hope you don't mind me posting it in your topic, but it such a nice photo :becool:

3520501624_bfa7f4c0c0_b.jpg

dickothedrafter

zzpza said:
I thought I would try and combine two of my favourite hobbies in one outing late last Saturday night / early Sunday morning. I'm quite please with the result.

Brilliant photo....:becool: Must get out and do some more night time photography myself, it really does take some beating

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

night photography is so much fun. the next proj is to build a mount for my camera so i can get a pic like this one i took of my friends prelude, but of a bike. i can't use my vacuum mount on a bike!

255166295_4687ce1b5f.jpg

the bike's an on-one track bike. i got the frame in last year's chrimbo sale. xx( the wheelset are miche x-press, with a campy chorus bb and record crankset, itm stem and carbon fork, profile airwing bars, vittoria tubes and tyres and selle italia saddle.

ShinSplint

Cool photos !

I love the mini one, thought it was my old mini when i first saw it! Started life a standard Mini Neon, had it resprayed, sportpack arches (like your mates), cooper grille, spotlights, the lot.

Almost identical looking to your mates. What a car ;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Nice photo. I particularly like the orange horizontal light bars (reflection?) at top right. Although they aren't the centre-piece of the picture it's what really makes it for me.

wilko

Veteran
zzpza said:

Really like this photo, I must get out more with my camera. Out late at night though, no lights or reflectors tut tut!:smile:

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

ChrisKH said:
Nice photo. I particularly like the orange horizontal light bars (reflection?) at top right. Although they aren't the centre-piece of the picture it's what really makes it for me.

thanks. :smile: the orange bars are where the roof was lit by warm sodium light (i.e. street light) where as the bike was lit by cool fluorescent tube. as the photo was colour balanced for flourescent, the sodium light shows up extra warm - orange. as an aside sodium light is the bane of night photographers and astronomers everywhere; they turn the sky orange. :tongue:

the positioning of the bike and the composition of the photo as a whole naturally leads the eye to the dark end of the tunnel and the light above it.

wilko said:
Really like this photo, I must get out more with my camera. Out late at night though, no lights or reflectors tut tut!:rolleyes:

thanks! :laugh: the rear light was on my rucksac and i took the front light off the bars, you can see the mount on the right. :smile:

Top Bottom