England : Isle of Wight Night Ride Around the Coast 2016 (June 3)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Right,
An updated list of interested parties....
Phil B (from t'other place)
Mark A (no doubt aiming for Strava KOMs on the Military Road...)
@PaulRide
@Bollo
@Shadow
@Fab Foodie
@tatr (please confirm one way or another)
@JoeyB (ditto)
@Eddie_C
@User482

Any more for any more?
Reminders/additional info:
For those of you getting trains to my home town, you want Portsmouth Harbour station (yes, you could get off at Portsmouth & Southsea or Fratton but do yourselves a favour and keep it simple). Way to the ferry terminal is very simple: Leave the station, turn right, straight on at the junction under the railway, then a right turn at the junction after that (there is a signpost), terminal just along on the right hand side. You're following the Gunwharf Quays wall round, basically. It's about half a mile all in. Last check-in is 2344. I'll be back home from work about 2220, will head down at about 2300.

The halfway will be the car park at the summit of Blackgang (not the roundabout down the other side!!) in self-supported style. We'll be stopping at the 24hr Tesco on the outskirts of Ryde, no problems with stocks of sandwiches etc (and the loos open and clean). McDonalds nearby also open 24hrs. If you want to buy in Pompey instead, there are multiple Tesco Express/Sainsbury's Local/etc options in town. There is a Greggs on the ferry, however this was shut when I went over for the recce (hopefully this was an exception rather than a new rule, it was open last year). There is, quite literally, nothing else open on the Island until morning. Breakfast plan is Wetherspoons in Ryde, they open at seven and we're highly unlikely to be early- I made it back round there at 7.25 on the recce, and I didn't go down to the Needles (as in previous years, that will be optional, I'll take a straw poll at Freshwater). The catamaran is a short ride downhill (!) away on the end of the pier. Fishbourne car ferry terminal four not-flat miles back west.
To aid your weather ... I'm afraid I'm out this time. :-(

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
To aid your weather ... I'm afraid I'm out this time. :-(
Next time perhaps Kev....

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
For some reason this week and last, I've started getting emails from Wightlink emphasising the importance of advance bookings. Spooky, eh?
We don't need to advance book, do we? Never had to before.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
For some reason this week and last, I've started getting emails from Wightlink emphasising the importance of advance bookings. Spooky, eh?
We don't need to advance book, do we? Never had to before.
I imagine it's the festival they're on about. I can't imagine the midnight sailing ever needing advance bookings.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I imagine it's the festival they're on about. I can't imagine the midnight sailing ever needing advance bookings.
The morning ferry back from East Cowes last year was very busy but there was no problem getting bikes on, apart from Mr Rules the Loader at the terminal.

Top Bottom