England : Isle of Wight Night Ride Around the Coast 2016 (June 3)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Looking touch and go at the moment. Stuck at Barnham and no Pompey train till after 11. Can you guys hold the ferry for me?

Might get a train to Cosham and ride from there. Any idea how long that ride might take? Otherwise I might just ride home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Looking touch and go at the moment. Stuck at Barnham and no Pompey train till after 11. Can you guys hold the ferry for me?
Unlike. Last check-in is 2344. I'll have a look see when the next one is....

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Might get a train to Cosham and ride from there. Any idea how long that ride might take? Otherwise I might just ride home.
How well do you know Portsmouth? I'm a frequent enough visitor but the road system still leaves me a bit baffled. I did also check out riding from cosham as it made my connections a bit easier. Something around 4 miles from dodgy memory

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Cosham is about six miles from the harbour. Directions are fairly straightforward from there. Would you have time?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think even 4 miles with navigation challenges will make it impossible. Might try.
Go for it!

PaulRide

Always at opposition
How very dare you Mr B!

I thought 4 hours to get from South London to Portsmouth would be feasible. Alas.

I may try and meet you guys for breakfast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Ah, oh well. Enjoy the ride. I may get the 3am boat and get a few island miles in before breakfast. I will read a book while waiting.
Commitment indeed. Would guess we'll be at Blackgang 4ish, Freshwater at six or so. You could go anticlockwise perhaps (via Newport, no chain ferry overnight I think)?

Top Bottom