Night Ride Carlisle - Newcastle 19-Sep-2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I might be up for this... will have to have a think about practicalities etc, but will say yes or no soonish.
If I might make a suggestion for end point (please feel free to ignore) just a little further along the Quayside is the Cycle Hub... doesn't open till 9am though, but it is a great cafe (also sells beer), bike workshop, shop etc too... http://www.thecyclehub.org/cafe/

0lonerider

Veteran
sure if yi contact cyclehub they would open at 8am!
theres always staff about before 9am!
the views of the bridges is the best on the on the quayside.

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Some of us rode up to the Hub last year after breakfast, and I'm sure people would be up for a repeat this year, but it doesn't open until 10am on Saturdays, and I wouldn't want to ask them to open two hours early, then have lots of riders pull out because of something like really bad weather.

0lonerider

Veteran
@CharlieB id get the later train, you dont have to book bikes on that line its go as you please! 4 year ago id booked on the 2oclock train and missed it but was told the ticket was ok to use anytime that day! i got the 5oclock train witch brokedown at carlisle lol so cycled down to st bees after camping on the solway over nite.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
@CharlieB id get the later train, you dont have to book bikes on that line its go as you please! 4 year ago id booked on the 2oclock train and missed it but was told the ticket was ok to use anytime that day! i got the 5oclock train witch brokedown at carlisle lol so cycled down to st bees after camping on the solway over nite.
Ah, thank you for that, @0lonerider, but I meant the 11 o'clock back to that London. There's owt I can do about that now.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
What's the SR in FNRtSR ?
By the way, I'm almost definitely IN!!!!!!!! Just have to confirm summat about work that day, but all being well, my lights are on charge and my tyres pumped and ready to go :smile:

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
SR - Somewhere Random.

It's partly to seperate it from a FNRttC (which are run by the Fridays, and have much more comprehensive pre-planning than the YACF rides), and partly because we do ride to places other than the coast (such as the Tan Hill Inn which we've done a few times).

Top Bottom