Night Ride London to Brighton, 5th Sept - NOW CLOSED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Waterloo is but two miles away anyway- and you don't have to go round the HPC roundabout (though you get York Road and Parliament Square instead...).

hatler

Guru
hatler + minis on the list = coffee at Ditchling.

Not 100% confirmed but it's looking highly likely.

Huzzah !!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Ticket to London booked. First visit it showed as £5...then when i went back the screen refreshed at £8. Went back again a few minutes later and it was back to £5 so ordered quickly lol

I think the return price from Brighton to Fareham was standing pricing, so I'll contemplate riding home (or at least some of the way) on the morning after the night before. If I don't feel up to it then then can just buy a ticket there and then.

hatler

Guru
Waterloo is but two miles away anyway- and you don't have to go round the HPC roundabout (though you get York Road and Parliament Square instead...).
Waterloo to HPC is a splendid way to start the evening. Pass the London Eye, trundle over Westminster Bridge, past the Houses of Parliament, round Parliament Square, and then along the gaslit Birdcage Walk, swing by the front of Buckingham Palace and finally leading to a non-stressful route onto the middle of HPC.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
York Road is optional - as hatler's just pointed out. Take the pedestrianised (but shared) Sutton Walk to Concert Hall approach, then left along Belvedere Road, and cross Westminster Bridge at the lights.

One day there will be a "wrong way" option enabling you to go straight on rather than all the way round Parliament Square.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
From Victoria I think I went through a subway to get onto HPC....that was an eye opener

In other news, I have just plotted a route from Brighton back to Fareham in the event that I feel like riding home. It will be my second longest ride if I do!

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
First time I arrived I did the subway because I didn't know better. I had a bit of a death grip on the Synapse by the end. There are two big overland entrances to HPC, just cycle the roundabout and you can't miss them.

HorTs

Über Member
Ticket to London booked. First visit it showed as £5...then when i went back the screen refreshed at £8. Went back again a few minutes later and it was back to £5 so ordered quickly lol

I think the return price from Brighton to Fareham was standing pricing, so I'll contemplate riding home (or at least some of the way) on the morning after the night before. If I don't feel up to it then then can just buy a ticket there and then.

How did you get it so cheap?

I'll be going to Waterloo as I can't be doing with changes.

Also I have a route back from Brighton if you want to take a look, I'd consider cycling too.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
How did you get it so cheap?

I'll be going to Waterloo as I can't be doing with changes.

Also I have a route back from Brighton if you want to take a look, I'd consider cycling too.

Fareham to Victoria - 20:35 departure. No changes. Southern Railways I think but got it through National Rail website.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
York Road is optional - as hatler's just pointed out. Take the pedestrianised (but shared) Sutton Walk to Concert Hall approach, then left along Belvedere Road, and cross Westminster Bridge at the lights.

One day there will be a "wrong way" option enabling you to go straight on rather than all the way round Parliament Square.
Indeed. I tend to avoid Sutton Walk etc as dodging all the peds is never fun. Either roundabouts or umpteen numpties glued to their phones...great choice!

rb58

Enigma
How does going right on York Rd, Waterloo Bridge, Strand, Trafalgar Sq, Mall, Birdcage Walk, work? It is only a tiny bit further but might be quieter. Alternatively, it might not.
The Strand can be very fickle late on a Friday night - either jammed up and nasty all the way back past Waterloo Bridge, or empty. And getting round the Trafalgar Square roundabout onto the Mall requires nerves of steel and bold abandon. I'd stick with Westminster Bridge (I also use the Belvedere Road variation but have only recently taken to riding between the concrete blocks at the junction with the bridge, which are placed perilously close together to attempt such a manoeuvre).

Top Bottom