Night Ride London to Brighton, 5th Sept - NOW CLOSED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I havn't done Brighton this year. I might be too slow for a small ride like this but I would love to give it a shot. I have to be at a wedding at 3pm on Saturday in London but I think that's doable. PM sent to @redfalo

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
brown-bottle.jpg
Is that 3:00 pm, still wearing Lycra and a bit ****ed?
I intend to seek out a phone box and effect a dramatic Clark Kent-style transformation.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I havn't done Brighton this year. I might be too slow for a small ride like this but I would love to give it a shot. I have to be at a wedding at 3pm on Saturday in London but I think that's doable. PM sent to @redfalo

Oh don't talk pish. You (and @User13710 for that matter) are both more than capable of this. Just, you know, check your tyres for unsightly bulges this time?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I can't speak for anyone else, but I've given up rushing about, and although I know I am perfectly capable of doing the distance I might not feel like doing it in speedy company. Just saying.
As I posted in another thread.....
I'm sure I speak for all representatives of Teams Less Slow, Even Less Slow and Not Slow At All when I say that we will be all at the domestique service of Team Less Fast.
Just saying.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I can't speak for anyone else, but I've given up rushing about, and although I know I am perfectly capable of doing the distance I might not feel like doing it in speedy company. Just saying.
Neither can I TMN. I'm trying to sound out the speed. If it's a seven to seven-thirty entry to the Madiera, I'm comfortable. If it's greyhound stuff, I'll stay in my bed.

Edit: sorry cross-post.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I've just sent a PM so hope it's not full. Happy to ride at able to talk pace rather than gasping for air pace too. In fact signed up presuming we're not doing a greased weasel run as I'm not that svelte.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Will this be at the same sort of pace as the FNRttC version with the same rules re sticking together etc?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well there's no point in racing down to Brighton as we'll all be sitting on the beach for ages waiting for a cafe to open. So ya'll stop worrying about the speed of the ride. I am sure Olaf will keep it at a pace that will suit.

Dawn_C

Hi

I was hoping to do this ride. I am not a regular FNRttC rider, although I have done one previous ride with you a few years ago. How would you feel about me joining you ? I appreciate that you don't know me, so may not want me along (which is fine!) and that you also want to keep the group a manageable size, but if it helps my cause, I am used to riding in a group, happy to do my turn on the front without half-wheeling anyone, and I am prepared to bring malt loaf and flapjack (as much as I can carry!) for all ...

No probs if the answer is no, but I loved it last time, and would really love to do it again ...

Thanks, Dawn

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Another quick update from yet another French campground. I'm happy with everyone who has stated interest so far to come on the ride, but would like to close it for more riders. I'm not concerned about the pace but would like to limit complexity at the halfway stop.
Cheers
Olaf

Top Bottom