Night ride pictures.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I took these shots last night on our club MTB ride. Hand held, balanced on fence posts at 60 seconds. There's a bit of shake on the horizon but on the whole not bad, eh?

Nightride121207003.jpg

Nightride121207002.jpg

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Very nice :biggrin:

The bottom one looks like an alien invasion, very atmospheric looking ;)

ajevans

Very nice.

Really like the first one but the second one is a bit too chaotic for me.

For the second one is there any chance you could photoshop out the fuzzy lines in the top right corner? I reckon a clean horizon would really improve the photo.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Photoshop? Oooer! Now you're talking advanced for me!

You're right though; I need to get to grips with this. Presumably photoshop can re-size pictures as well? How do I get it on my PC? From a store or download?

barq

If you want a free option GIMP fulfils many of Photoshop's functions.

I really like the first photo. I'm planning a ride tonight so I might take my camera and experiment.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
You need some willing subjects - luckily once the lads had seen my first effort they were impressed enough that they didn't mind standing around in the cold while I set up. For the second shot I asked them to weave around a bit; they'll be doing some more weaving around at our club dinner Saturday!

ajevans

barq said:
If you want a free option GIMP fulfils many of Photoshop's functions.

I really like the first photo. I'm planning a ride tonight so I might take my camera and experiment.

Agree with barq. I was using Photoshop as a verb rather than a noun.

Download GIMP for free and give it a whirl. It can easily resize pictures to your exact requirements.

andygates

Schweet!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
The first one is very cool Rigid, could you not rest your camera on the fence post to eliminate shake altogether?

Unfortunately not all fence posts are flat topped so you have to wedge your fingers under and around the camera and try not to move for a minute. A bean bag or small tripod would be useful but my backpack was already full with water bladder, spare jacket, tools, inner tube, space blanket etc. In any case you need to be able to set up fast if you're going to catch good shots without making your fellow riders wait around too long in the cold wind.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rigid Raider said:
Photoshop? Oooer! Now you're talking advanced for me!

You're right though; I need to get to grips with this. Presumably photoshop can re-size pictures as well? How do I get it on my PC? From a store or download?

I use the Photostudio that came with my laptop, and I'm getting quite adept at tidying up pics. The best thing is to just play about - save your original carefully, then make a second version under a new name, and muck about with it. I've found the 'clone tool' (that's what it's called in my program, I think most will have something similar) very useful, it allows you to pick up a colour from next to what you want to hide, and paint over it. I've got rid of stray telegraph poles, blemishes on flowers, light dazzles, and a bridge that was apparently going through my head in a graduation photo...

Top Bottom