1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night rider

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 30 Sep 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...I just got in from doing my Hof impression...without Kit...yep I did my daily 35km loop tonight in the dark. I learned a few things. One, I need a better front light so i see the pot holes. Two, my night vision jacket is great but I would like the reflectives to be bigger on the rear of the jacket. There is a nocturnal breed of cyclist out there...they are different to the usual roadies...they carry panniers ...and look like i did at the start of the year....fat, out of puff and hoping nobody will see them struggling ...oh I felt good passing them on the hills without even getting out of breath...is that bad?:biggrin:

2. col

col Veteran

Nice one BTFB,iv been considering doing late runs,for the quieter roads,but ill be looking out for a passing cyclist who isnt even puffing:smile:

3. Unkraut

Unkraut Master of the Inane Comment

Yes it is bad. You should spend every day this week eating a Heinz treacle pudding topped with masses of thick stodgy custard, so that in future you will be more able to empathise with your fellow man. :biggrin:

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Come out night riding with our MTB club. We go every Wednesday. Now that IS fun!

5. trio25

trio25 Über Member

Where do you ride rigid raider, I love riding at night but all my friends live a little far south for me to ride with them regularly and I notice you are in Lancashire.