Nights are drawing in!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
At the risk of being really boring, actually we've got a few more days before the nights start to draw in. Yes; we've passed the longest day, but that's because the mornings start to draw in slightly before the longest day (about a week before), while the evenings are still getting longer (until a week after). Strange, but true. Just don't ask me why. There must a be wobble somewhere.

Correct. It will be about a week before nightfall starts getting earlier then by about 3-4 minutes each night increasing to about 8 mins earlier each day as the days become noticeably shorter in autumn.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well for Manchester, thedays are getting shorter by approx 6 seconds per day for the rest of this month.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Well tomorrow, 26th June, is going to be 32 seconds shorter than today, for those in Manchester.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=302&month=6&year=2013&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1
Thanks for the above URL, that's a nice site :smile:. I was using a similar Australian one, but it was less detailed. I just looked up Melbourne, and consoled myself with the thought that our days, although about 9.5 hours long at the moment, are getting longer by almost half a minute per day, woo-hoo!

Maz

Guru
Here in Oslo, the sun rises at 03.54 and sets at 22.39.
It's no wonder there's not many Muslims in Scandinavia. Ramadhan starts next week.

Top Bottom