Niki Terpstra winter punture hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Phillipa York used to put tubs inside tyres, or do it was said.

OP
OP
C

Cronorider

I've no idea what racing tyres are like but surely it would make more sense to simply run a purpose-manufactured puncture resistant tyre like Durano Plus (others are available) rather than try to brew your own.

I guess he likes his Specialized tires or perhaps he is required to use them

Slick

Guru
Marginal gains innit. He's just found a hack for a problem that doesn't exist, don't take that in to the dragons den.

OP
OP
C

Cronorider

Armadillos then. I can't believe that multi tyre bodgery will give a better result than tyres manufactured with puncture resistance in mind.

Marginal gains innit. He's just found a hack for a problem that doesn't exist, don't take that in to the dragons den.

I'm a guy who always admires the do-it-yourself mentality so when I see something like this my immediate response is that it's a pretty good idea.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I'm a guy who always admires the do-it-yourself mentality so when I see something like this my immediate response is that it's a pretty good idea.
Well if you think it's a 'pretty good idea', please give it a go and let us know how you get on. Or maybe that's your 'knee jerk' response.
I would have thought a pair of Marathon Plusses would be a more straightforward option although the presentational challenge of that in his rding group disciples would be difficult to live down.

OP
OP
C

Cronorider

Well if you think it's a 'pretty good idea', please give it a go and let us know how you get on. Or maybe that's your 'knee jerk' response.
I would have thought a pair of Marathon Plusses would be a more straightforward option although the presentational challenge of that in his rding group disciples would be difficult to live down.

Shrug. Never mind.

Thought Specialized would have supplied him with a tubeless set-up.

Thing is the pluses would be a pig to fit on them Rovals and they would still probably weigh a lot more and feel like your riding through treacle:whistle: .

Top Bottom