nit picky, or what...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just combing my hotmail inbox, came across this link in an old CTC newsletter.

http://www.velorution.biz/?p=1401

Now, they are very pricey. Way out of my league, and a fashion statment I'm not bothered enough to make - I tuck my jeans in my socks. But they are nice looking, and ok, some people have money to spend on bling like that.

But look at the comment!

"How much weight do they gain when wet, I wonder?"

A few grammes I'd guess. If that matters so much, I think blowing your nose might be just as effective....

Two poodle diamante dog collars for a fiver would do the same job. More bling, less wring...(ing wet):angry:

yello

Yep, laggy bands work for me too Keith. And they don't get (much?) heavier when wet so we win on 2 counts!

Depending on the colour, I'd wear them around my wrist. They're quite nice...

frog

Depending on the colour, I'd wear them around my wrist. They're quite nice...

Why? What are you planning getting your cuffs caught in?

On the 'wet problem' I always thought that if you looked after a bit of leather it was almost waterproof - but I'm probably wrong

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
frog said:
Why? What are you planning getting your cuffs caught in?

On the 'wet problem' I always thought that if you looked after a bit of leather it was almost waterproof - but I'm probably wrong

No, I think you're right. The tanning process should stop it getting utterly waterlogged, and the odd application of dubbin, or nobbin, or whatever you choose to call it should do the rest.

I really think if you were that bothered by extra weight, you'd be wearing shorts made of helium or something anyway...

frog

...as a fashion accessory...

Please tell me you're joking!

When it comes to cyclists hands and wrists there is a ready made fashion accessory that marks you out as an elite. The good old tanned patch you get on the backs of your hands where the cut out is in the mitts. Add to that the lizard skin effect tan you get from the crochet ones and you have it all:biggrin:

As an aside: Whoi's still got tan lines on their legs and arms from last year still? :biggrin:

Fiona N

Veteran
I suspect they look very fetching over a pair of well worn corderoy trews and some nice brogues for the run down to the village store for the Sunday papers - I can imagine Boris with a pair :thumbsup:

Funny how a whole lifestyle comes to mind from such a small item :wacko:

Top Bottom