No Bake Flapjack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
I dont buy many biscuits these days especially when something like chocolate digestives are £2.30 a packet :ohmy: flapjack is a far healthier, energy packed alternative and with an extra strong cup of coffee in the morning helps kick start my day. Ive been trying to perfect my recipe and at the moment its this- 5 mugs full of oats, one jar clear honey, mug n a half dried mixed fruit, 5 table spoons of peanut butter, tin of prunes drained,stoned.chopped, tablespoon of butter, 125g or so of flaked almonds. If i havent any prunes i add 2 mashed bananas. I just heat everything then add warm oats press it into a shallow tin and whap it in the fridge. :okay:

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks for the recipe CB I'll give that a try.

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Yum. How well do they travel? Do they crumble if carried in a bike bag?
Should be fine as long as the honey to oats ratio is correct as the stickiness binds everything together, think i would wrap in silver foil.
DSCF6001.JPG

Gwylan

Veteran
I dont buy many biscuits these days especially when something like chocolate digestives are £2.30 a packet :ohmy: flapjack is a far healthier, energy packed alternative and with an extra strong cup of coffee in the morning helps kick start my day. Ive been trying to perfect my recipe and at the moment its this- 5 mugs full of oats, one jar clear honey, mug n a half dried mixed fruit, 5 table spoons of peanut butter, tin of prunes drained,stoned.chopped, tablespoon of butter, 125g or so of flaked almonds. If i havent any prunes i add 2 mashed bananas. I just heat everything then add warm oats press it into a shallow tin and whap it in the fridge. :okay:
Excellent, thank you

Anyone got an alternative for the peanut butter?
Its an aversion rather than an allergy. But it's results are noisy and unpleasant.

Top Bottom