no blasted lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

[QUOTE 2763484, member: 45"]I repeat... Where?[/quote]

Do you, or do you not cruise at an indicated 75 on the motorway as you have indicated you did back in 2012 ?

nappadang

Über Member
Passed 3 people today with no lights on. This was between 05.00 and 05.15 this morning and on an unlit road. One didn't even have any hi viz at all. What is wrong with them do they think their bullet proof or something. Lights don't cost a fortune. The one with no hi viz on I almost hit and I was on my bike. IDIOTS ! ( rant over with )
Similar story for me at 6am today. 6 cyclists and four with no lights at all. One of these idiots looked like he was auditioning for a remake of the Milk Tray adverts, completely dressed in black (or very dark) clothing.
How these bull's lugs survive is beyond me.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Similar story for me at 6am today. 6 cyclists and four with no lights at all. One of these idiots looked like he was auditioning for a remake of the Milk Tray adverts, completely dressed in black (or very dark) clothing.
How these bull's lugs survive is beyond me.

Yet they do survive...
The poor souls that seem not to survive seem to be 'experienced' commuters/cyclists

Linford

[QUOTE 2763488, member: 45"]Show me where I've indicated that...[/quote]

You are certainly condoning it....in fact encouraging others to do it...they might call that 'accessory to a crime' in a court of Law

MisterP said it was OK to do 75 on Cyclechat so I believed him and did it (Your Honour)

Perhaps you can clarify if what you are encouraging others to do, you actually do yourself...or not ?

Linford

[QUOTE 2763530, member: 45"]I'm each of those three sentences you've at least one claim. Have a go, but you'll not be able to justify any of them...[/quote]

On the motorway, traffic generally doesn't flow as quickly as some might like to claim. Stick to an indicated 75 (in reality around the 70 limit) and you'll make good progress and need to overtake much of the traffic.

You cannot accurately gauge the accuracy of a speedo in a car unless you have it calibrated...and nor can anyone who might have taken your advice...you are happy to break the law, and ease your guilt by encouraging others to do this as well....we're all in it together lads :cheers:

It isn't rocket science

Linford

[QUOTE 2763557, member: 45"]... Still waiting for you to indicate where I said what you think I did...

And no it's not rocket science. But you still misunderstood a very simple engineering situation.[/quote]

Which bit of this which you posted are you struggling to understand ?

Stick to an indicated 75 (in reality around the 70 limit) and you'll make good progress and need to overtake much of the traffic.

400bhp

Guru
:rolleyes:

FFS

snorri

Legendary Member
I get tired of these posts where someone says they saw a cyclist without lights and bla bla bla.
Do these people think they have particularly good eyesight and their ability to see unlit cyclists is shared with only a tiny minority of the population?
Well hear this you would be supersighters, unlit cyclists are visible to just about everyone who is moving on our roads at a speed appropriate to the conditions.
What's more, the unlit cyclist is even more visible when cars are not being driven nearby by eejit drivers who switch on their lights when they don't need lights for seeing.

Rant over:smile:

Last edited:

asterix

Comrade Member
I get tired of these posts where someone says they saw a cyclist without lights and bla bla bla.
Do these people think they have particularly good eyesight and their ability to see unlit cyclists is shared with only a tiny minority of the population?
Well hear this you would be supersighters, unlit cyclists are visible to just about everyone who is moving on our roads at a speed appropriate to the conditions.
What's more, the unlit cyclist is even more visible when cars are not being driven nearby by eejit drivers who switch on their lights when they don't need lights for seeing.

Daytime running lights are something I dislike. I think most of the time they are a distraction and anyway the message they send out is a simple one: 'Get out of my way!'.

400bhp

Guru

It's not those drivers we need to worry about.

ShipHill

You mean that a car with headlights on during the daytime kind of "glares out" nearby cyclists? I see what you mean and that's a good point.

Top Bottom