no cleats for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
For clipless pedals that means that if you don't race, sprint regularly or climb agressively then you're just another fish on a marketing hook.

The quote doesn't seem to leave much room for ambiguity, however if I have misunderstood you then I apologise :thumbsup:
I agree with what you've posted, in particular I too struggle with the idea that hitting the deck with your bike on top of you and a line of cars behind you is amusing, I'd be mortified and also sore I would imagine.
As long as you're out and about and turning a gear it doesn't really matter what you're on or what's on what you've got, this is why the term BSO should be banned :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Surely the most common is just plain old flat footrests.

Most of the stuff that I looked at didn't seem to come with pedals at all, however if you wanted a system which held your foot to the pedal then clipless seemed far more prevalent than toe clips , perhaps I looked in the wrong places :blush:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
The quote doesn't seem to leave much room for ambiguity, however if I have misunderstood you then I apologise :thumbsup:
I agree with what you've posted, in particular I too struggle with the idea that hitting the deck with your bike on top of you and a line of cars behind you is amusing, I'd be mortified and also sore I would imagine.
As long as you're out and about and turning a gear it doesn't really matter what you're on or what's on what you've got, this is why the term BSO should be banned :smile:

:biggrin: that's the world of the 'rant' for you, I knew what I meant but can see the ambiguity there, especially if you take that sentence on its own without the following one :whistle:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^Images and comments have been removed that I myself had contributed on this thread and other threads

YahudaMoon

Über Member
OK then. I feel my actions . sense of humour are not welcome. So I think its best I dont post anymore comments on Cyclechat . Thanks. Bye . Enjoy

apollo179

Did I miss something?:huh:

Yahuddys had his picture of spiderman removed (presumably) by admin which he has (understandably) taken as a personal affront to his character and has stormed of the forum in a huff.:hello:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yahuddys had his picture of spiderman removed (presumably) by admin which he has (understandably) taken as a personal affront to his character and has stormed of the forum in a huff.:hello:

Thank you apollo, can't beat a good huff or a flounce in my opinion. I went out for a couple of hours so missed the excitement, I assume it was a particularly offensive picture of Spiderman unless the admin is a DC comics fan of course.

D

Deleted member 1258

I use clipless pedals because I require foot retention for riding fixed or using a coaster brake. The benefits there are undeniable and essential.

I'm on toe clips and straps on my fixed, they provide all the foot retention I need.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thank you apollo, can't beat a good huff or a flounce in my opinion. I went out for a couple of hours so missed the excitement, I assume it was a particularly offensive picture of Spiderman unless the admin is a DC comics fan of course.

Mug shot like you I missed the excitement, I spent the morning cycling, came back and this threads into page five, and I missed yahudaMoons flounce

bigjim

Legendary Member
Mug shot like you I missed the excitement, I spent the morning cycling, came back and this threads into page five, and I missed yahudaMoons flounce
If you were on clipless you could have got back a lot quicker and not missed it :smile: Or were you clipped in anyway?

Alexvs

I had my pedals and cleats fitted today by my LBS as couldn't get the original pedals off and they were more than happy to help and give me some riding tips. After a 5 mile ride home I can say that I believe it will improve my riding, especially on hills I just felt more consistency in my cycling. It's also alot easier than I expected getting in and out of therm which is a bonus as wasn't looking forward to that. Think I'll be sticking with them, just need some tweaking on position I think which will come with getting used to them.

Top Bottom