No common sense !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Probably after the insurance......

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Fires are often lit deliberately in the Mediterranean.

They (local authorities) often light small manageable fires to remove any fuel for a major outbreak of fire. Kinda creating a fuel-break.

Also, used to be (though not sure if still is) that firemen/women in some places were volunteers and got paid per callout. There have been instances where fire personnel were prosecuted for deliberate fires.

Not sure if any of this applies to this farmer.

screenman

Legendary Member
Fires are often lit deliberately in the Mediterranean.

They (local authorities) often light small manageable fires to remove any fuel for a major outbreak of fire. Kinda creating a fuel-break.

Also, used to be (though not sure if still is) that firemen/women in some places were volunteers and got paid per callout. There have been instances where fire personnel were prosecuted for deliberate fires.

Not sure if any of this applies to this farmer.

There are very many retained firefighters in this country doing a very difficult job for pennies, the personnel you talk of will number very few I would imagine. They are always after recruits but not many volunteer.

I (we) find it with Doctors
Intelligent, but a lot have microscopic levels of Common Sense

EG;
1. In the old buildings we had various Doctors Accomodations
One summer weekend (years ago), there'd been plans to have a BBQ, amongst those off-shift, utilising the tin-foil tray varieties, with the inhabitants of a stand-alone building

It rained, so...…………………
Yes, they had it inside:wacko:

Fire alarms went off
'Trumpton' arrived, mob-handed, as they did at that time for a Hospital alarm

Cue lots of Medics being shouted at, by both 'Trumpton' & our own staff, who had to attend fire-alarms (Porters, Security, Site Manager ('Matron')
I believe the main culprit even missed the start of his shift, as he was still being shouted at...……………

Plus, they were all shouted at again, the next day, by the Residences Officer, & their own Consultants
Estates weren't too happy either, as Fire Brigade smashed a window to get a hose in (as they are perfectly entitled to)

2. At the Post Graduate Medical Education Department (again, in the old buildings), the reception staff put this on the door
I wouldn't have thought that well-educated people may have problems opening a door:banghead:

Miscellaneous Images. Pinderfields. Post-Grad Centre. Push!.JPG

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I like a good bonfire :becool:
That's just vanity.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I (we) find it with Doctors
Intelligent, but a lot have microscopic levels of Common Sense

EG;
1. In the old buildings we had various Doctors Accomodations
One summer weekend (years ago), there'd been plans to have a BBQ, amongst those off-shift, utilising the tin-foil tray varieties, with the inhabitants of a stand-alone building

It rained, so...…………………
Yes, they had it inside:wacko:

Fire alarms went off
'Trumpton' arrived, mob-handed, as they did at that time for a Hospital alarm

Cue lots of Medics being shouted at, by both 'Trumpton' & our own staff, who had to attend fire-alarms (Porters, Security, Site Manager ('Matron')
I believe the main culprit even missed the start of his shift, as he was still being shouted at...……………

Plus, they were all shouted at again, the next day, by the Residences Officer, & their own Consultants
Estates weren't too happy either, as Fire Brigade smashed a window to get a hose in (as they are perfectly entitled to)

2. At the Post Graduate Medical Education Department (again, in the old buildings), the reception staff put this on the door
I wouldn't have thought that well-educated people may have problems opening a door:banghead:

View attachment 422794
Incredible level of stupidity there. Haven't any of them heard of carbon monoxide?

Top Bottom