No common sense !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Incredible level of stupidity there. Haven't any of them heard of carbon monoxide?
He may have now, as he's qualified as a Respiratory Consultant at another Hospital^_^

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I’ve been out in my bike all day. Before I set off, my wife mentioned that she might have a bonfire today to get rid of some of the piles of garden waste. I told her I really didn’t think that was a good idea - mainly because I wanted a house to come home to at the end of my ride.

lazyfatgit

Hazard reduction burns are common here to reduce fuel load and help prevent spread of bush fires.

There's only certain times that you can burn without a permit (1st of Aug this year permits came into force due to drought).

It seems like very year somebody waits til just before permits will be needed to set off a burn that wouldn't be allowed in a day or two that gets away from them and the Rural Fire Service and National Parks and Wildlife are under pressure even before the start of fire season.

Lack of common sense or just downright selfish?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
There are very many retained firefighters in this country doing a very difficult job for pennies, the personnel you talk of will number very few I would imagine. They are always after recruits but not many volunteer.

The OP lives in France hence the reference to the Mediterranean. In parts of Southern Europe, it used to be that many firefighters were volunteers and paid for each callout they attended.

screenman

Legendary Member
The OP lives in France hence the reference to the Mediterranean. In parts of Southern Europe, it used to be that many firefighters were volunteers and paid for each callout they attended.

Retained get 30p an hour on call and about £11 when on a shout.

bianchi1

Guru
Only a couple of weeks after we had a huge fire on the tinder dry Malverns (apparently caused by a bbq) we get this!

Screenshot 2018-08-06 at 11.32.13.png

Apparently he couldn't see a problem!

Top Bottom