No gift policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Does your company have a no gift policy?

A previous company I worked had such a policy but it seemed to not apply at the people near the top. One guy received a yacht. Another guy received a large house. Yet when it comes to gifts for lower end people, a TV, a car, a holiday...not allowed!

What gives?

I know someone else who's company also has such a policy yet he walks out with multpile gifts.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Politics of envy?

I'd normally say be grateful for the gift of employment but I've been given the gift of redundancy and will be grateful for every second of it.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Strictly forbidden where I work. You not supposed to let a contact from another company even buy you lunch. Contrast this with my brother in law (who's a buyer) who gets paid-for stuff all the time, the jammy bugger.

Cold

My old company used to save them all up for the end of year party and would do a draw and sme people would get decent stuff.
Most of the time it was drink and chocolates.

When I worked for a Bank we weren't allowed to take anything I think even meals out had to be approved.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am extremely happy to accept gifts, I often get people trying to get a freebie off of me but these are always the people who give nothing in return and if anything make life even harder.

It is a long time since I fixed a dent or screen for mates rates for a mate of a mates second cousins dogs sisters uncle, four time removed ( what does that mean)

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I got £2 per employed year and I had to hand a receipt back for tax purposes..
I got a retirement gift of £74:okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a no-no where I work, although it's at the bosses discretion for low value stuff. Tins of sweets from old ladies are quite common for some reason.

Strangely enough though those at the top get the fully funded fact-finding trips to Florida, free use of a flash motor for a year, and that's somehow ok.

It's a no-no where I work, although it's at the bosses discretion for low value stuff. Tins of sweets from old ladies are quite common for some reason.

Strangely enough though those at the top get the fully funded fact-finding trips to Florida, free use of a flash motor for a year, and that's somehow ok.

This is sometimes referred to as democracy in some circles.

midlife

Guru
I'm banned from accepting gifts (as are all NHS employees) but I do get quite a number of packets of biscuits given for the nurses tea time. Strangely enough usually from the older generation. These can be overlooked without having to be logged as donations to the NHS.

Shaun

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I had 2 bottles of wine at Christmas from a tree surgeon we use. I had to declare them to the powers that be.

I like to share stuff out between the team, but 2 bottles of wine between 3 is a tricky split. Neither Tim or James drink wine.

I bought Tim 4 bottles of Cambridge bitter -£5
I bought James 4 bottles of Hoegarden- £5

I don't drink wine so Mrs Dave and The Boy drank them!

So the bribe cost me a tenner and I got nowt!

Top Bottom