No gift policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Being self employed all gifts are gratefully received. No restrictions whatsoever.:okay: Sadly the most that this runs to is a chocolate digestive and a cup of tea.

When I was a mere stripling the company I worked for had reps and managers who were blatant about taking gifts (AKA bribes) there was no shame at all. It was common practice.
One job (value C. £1million at 1972 values) had a sub-contractor seeking the order from the contract manager and informing him, in writing, ''Should we be favoured with the order it would benefit you personally to some large degree. Feel free to contact me and over dinner I will be able to iron out the details and be more specific''
So accepted was the practice the contract manager had the letter framed and hung on his office wall.

Ah the 'good old days' ..................or not.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm banned from accepting gifts (as are all NHS employees) but I do get quite a number of packets of biscuits given for the nurses tea time. Strangely enough usually from the older generation. These can be overlooked without having to be logged as donations to the NHS.

Shaun
Following my last stay in hospital, the two packets of biscuits had to be declined. In case a claim of theft was made against them, from a patient.
Previous visit made me aware they'd not be able to accept the tin of sweets.

midlife

Guru
Following my last stay in hospital, the two packets of biscuits had to be declined. In case a claim of theft was made against them, from a patient.
Previous visit made me aware they'd not be able to accept the tin of sweets.

That's unusual, biscuits, chocolates etc are usually sprited away to the tea room faster than Usain Bolt..

Shaun

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have to complete an anti bribery online refresher course every 12 months.
All gifts have to be recorded on a register, and only up to a cetain value, which includes hospitality and even pub lunches.
It is easier to just not accept small gifts, not worth the hassle.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've worked in a few places. Anywhere small, there's a raffle at Christmas and usually enough gifts from suppliers that everyone gets at least one thing. Might be a diary, might be a bottle of something.
Anywhere large, you've got no chance. Managers, directors and purchasing get everything and keep it. These are also the places with anti bribery policies. Apparently.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
My retirement gift was a £20 voucher for chain reaction cycles
Look on the bright side..
you got free postage;)

I will say the lads I worked with sent me away with a nice sum....

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Here at the mighty Yellow Saddle Corporation and Laboratories we have no such silly policies. You are welcome to gift us as much as you like. Alcohol is preferred, but cash, houses and holidays are welcome too. No yachts please. PM me for delivery details.
We accept yachts, depending on historical importance and relevance.

D

Deleted member 1258

Look on the bright side..
you got free postage;)

I will say the lads I worked with sent me away with a nice sum....

Yes I got a decent collection, I put the voucher, the collection and money I got for Xmas all together and brought myself a Turbo Trainer.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4129545, member: 76"]Not any more. It all changed in the early 00's with new rules and regulations.[/QUOTE]
I come from a family of medics. There used to be quite a few conferences paid for by drug companies in Switzerland during the skiing season.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We are not allowed gifts, according to the handbook, but at my level the managers don't enforce it.
Last event I worked my team were given a set of posh tea candles and a really nice ex display plant.
I got the plant - don't do candles anyway, then at home discovered it is actually a plastic plant! :sad:

One guy received a yacht. Another guy received a large house.
Did you work for the Kremlin?

People that accept gifts of that value are no longer working for the company they provides their P60, they are working for the people that give them the gifts. I'm really surprised that people were openly receiving gifts of such value. It's customary to try to hide bribes.

Top Bottom