No gift policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have about five minutes before I get off this train.
5 minutes? Well, I'd use that time considering yourself. What can you give up to get an iPhone? It would increase your awesomeness by 725% (and that is a fact by the way). Look at the people around you on the train. You'd be able to get out your phone and perhaps call someone loudly announcing to them you are on your iPhone so not only the person on the other end but the rest if the carriage would know how awesome you are.

I am not sure the world is ready for a more awesome me, certainly not one 725% more awesome.
Depends where your train is heading. London is crammed full of awesomeness but it seems to have an limitless capacity. Outside London, we'll the awesome levels are virtually zero and in dire need.

Even by my standards that's some pretty annoying posts in 5 minutes.

You're welcome btw.

Reactions: srw

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Depends where your train is heading. London is crammed full of awfulness but it seems to have an limitless capacity. Outside London, we'll the awesome levels are virtually zero and in dire need.

Even by my standards that's some pretty annoying posts in 5 minutes.

You're welcome btw.
It looks like the auto-correct on your iphone needs a little tweaking.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Like many others small gifts are generally acceptable, I think up to £30 in value, providing it is notified to your dept head.
Anything worth more than that has to be declared, (I say think as I can't remember having reason to declare anything) and has to be officially declared on a form which disappears somewhere within the HR system.
Under the previous owners the rule was a lot more draconian, with only "token" gifts allowed (the examples given were items like a pen, a diary, or a baseball cap - we had American owners).

There is a company wide rule though that any gifts sent in at Christmas must be passed on and go in a raffle for all staff with the proceeds going to a local charity, which is fair enough.

toffee

Guru
Reminds me of the time that I had HMRC in doing a PAYE audit. They would accept a cup of tea but the offer of a sandwich had had them having palpitations about the number of forms they would have to fill in.

Derek

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The company I'm just about to leave is pretty lavish with gifts. We have boxes at Man Utd and Arsenal as well as a concert venue in Leeds. Being the sponsor means lots of games for minor English league teams culminating in a day at Wembley. We also do a lot of darts and golf events. My car is usually loaded up with fleeces, t-shirts, i-phone power packs, thermal mugs etc etc. I've submitted four figure expenses claims with nobody raising an eyebrow.

My favourite gift story was a few years ago involving an Asian cash and carry in Glasgow. Being Christmas, I was calling on him with his usual seasonal backhander but I was taken aback when he handed me a large Xmas ham in return. When I looked confused he explained that another rep had given him it that morning. When he'd tried to refuse, pointing out he was Muslim, she'd hurriedly reassured him "Oh it's ok, it's not bacon - it's ham"

Top Bottom