No hands......its big and clever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

I occassionally find myself in the exuberance of the moment on long straight stretches of the road, lifting my hands of the handlebars. It is certainly a childish - and slightly dodgy - pleasure.

I saw someone even dafter than LLB's MTBer the other day. Fag in one hand, mobile phone in the other, approaching a road narrowing with a bus bearing down behind him :eek:

MERV

andyfromotley said:
So after coming back to cycling in january, yesterday i without thinking sat up to ease my back....no hands. Wow :sad:....... it immeadiately took me back to when i was 13 years old and rode everywhere like that!.

Anyway did most of my commute no handed after that and loved it. Childish i know but it really is big and clever!! I almost wished i still smoked............

Andy

I daren't do it now.When I was a kid one day I decided to let go of the handlebars for some mad reason and promptly fell off.

So now I haven't got the bottle to do it.:biggrin:

CotterPin said:
I occassionally find myself in the exuberance of the moment on long straight stretches of the road, lifting my hands of the handlebars. It is certainly a childish - and slightly dodgy - pleasure.

I saw someone even dafter than LLB's MTBer the other day. Fag in one hand, mobile phone in the other, approaching a road narrowing with a bus bearing down behind him :becool:

yes, the other day i saw similar- riding with carrier bag in one hand, fag in other, and trying to balance a phone between shoulder and ear- very dangerous!- he nearly fell off in the road, a couple of cars had to swerve/slow...

i cant ride no-handed.. nor do wheelies, never had the guts to learn...

andyfromotley said:
If i may be so presumptious, this is my guide for riding - no hands

1. ensure you are travelling at a reasonable lick - 10mph minimum
2. Ride in a high gear - its easier to have something to push against. (fnarrr)
3.good road surface helps
4. take a good grip of saddle with arse. (practice you'll soon get it.)
5. make a decisive action - just lift hands off and let em dangle by your side, keep pedalling, hold head up high.

That is yer basic no hand stylee - i will hold a master class later which will include, banana eating, smoking and chatting up passing females.

****Please Note***** Do you remeber what a tit you felt when you first fell off with your new SDP? Well falling off doing no hands magnifies that by a factor of about 20! No pain No gain..

Good luck

andy

i need the banana eating lesson!!!
- is that just chatting up passing females while riding???- if so, dont go slow enough for them to pass me... otherwise i may need that lesson too..

Top Bottom