No i don't.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Getting sick and tired of everytime i put the computer on,up pops a donation tab.Do i want to donate via Virgin ,Superdrug etc etc.no i don't and if i did i will pick my own charity.Sod off.Oh and how much do ceo's of charity orgs get,someone remind me.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't get these, maybe they know me?

I thought that was the idea of charity, you donate your time for free. Don't get me started on the CEO's of charities that earn 6 figure salaries.
It seems a lot doesn't it but I'm sure charities know the kind of people they need to recruit. We tend to think of charities as simple organisations that collect money and support people but in fact they're pretty complex logistically and organisationally, often globally and may well be in receipt of millions of pounds of Government funding which they need to account for and meet all the charity spending criteria. I imagine they need a certain level of expertise for that including people who know how to access those funds in the first place to make them a successful charity. And as well as that they need volunteers who freely give their time which creates this juxtaposition. Not an easy conundrum to get your head around.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I thought that was the idea of charity, you donate your time for free. Don't get me started on the CEO's of charities that earn 6 figure salaries.
Why not? You think they should go and earn their six figures in the oil or tobacco industry or something while the entire international charity organisation is run by Doris, who volunteers every Wednesday afternoon in the donations centre when she's not seeing the grandchildren?

If people stopped paying me my requisite 6-figure salary as directory of the International Fluffy Animal Preservation Society I would choke on my Chateau le Pin Pomerol 2001 and immediately down tools. I like fluffy animals, but not that much.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Getting sick and tired of everytime i put the computer on,up pops a donation tab.Do i want to donate via Virgin ,Superdrug etc etc.no i don't and if i did i will pick my own charity.Sod off.Oh and how much do ceo's of charity orgs get,someone remind me.

It's a pity there is nowhere in the IP address to identify you as a Yorkshireman. They wouldn't waste your (and theirs) time then.

Top Bottom