no-limitz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee morris

www.mosbikeshed.co.uk cycle hire
Hello all im organising a 3000 mile charity cycle AROUND the uk to raise money and awareness for ataxia uk,

i myself have ataxia so will be cycling on my windcheatah recumbrent trike,
im looking for riders to join in with me along the way for any distance they can .
on my site phase 1 is up to view 800 miles over two weeks from stroud gloucestershire to southend on sea around the south,
up very soon will be phase 2 820 miles from southend on sea to aberdeen

please take a lookfor more info, and if anyone would like to join simply register online for a sponsor pack

www.no-limitz.org.uk

or sponsor me please

www.justgiving.com/lee-morris1

regards lee morris

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sounds amazing, I'll certainly look into that :becool:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Sounds great. How are you picking the route? There's at least 60 of us in range of Southend on Sea. More if the bar is open. :smile:

OP
OP
lee morris

lee morris

Ived used os maps a done full route cards for each day for phase 1 , which took forever lol, after a fairfew trainning rides ive planned phase 2 by saturlite map which took no time town to town trying to avoid main roads where possible, im sure there will be a few bar stops, im not rushing this if im cycling all this distance it will be nice to take some of the countryside in lol thanks Lee

Kudos where it is due, but are you sure about the itenary?

Your site shows a lot of consecutive 90+ km days, that is hard work even on a trike.

If you are an accomplished and experienced rider then I aplogise, but if you are a newcomer than this is serious milage especially day after day.

OP
OP
lee morris

lee morris

ive tryed to average 56 miles per day = 90.1 km some days a little longer some sorter, prob aiming to average 9-12 km an hour it starts 2nd april 2011 and ive been knocking the hours up training should be more than ok, i like a challange lol , be nice to have people join to give me a boost evey know and then,

plus with my disabilty my legs are well rested when im not peddling so i enjoy the feeling off useing them if i though it was going to be easy i would have gone for 6000 miles lol

should be experanced by then lol been triking for 2 years a year serious 50-60 miles a few day a week more if wife permits me lol

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good Luck lee and keep us posted. I would like to join you on the road for a day or two as i am only an hour or so from Gloucester.

PS can U do a neutral turn on a trike without ripping the road up ?? :biggrin:

ive tryed to average 56 miles per day = 90.1 km some days a little longer some sorter, prob aiming to average 9-12 km an hour it starts 2nd april 2011 and ive been knocking the hours up training should be more than ok, i like a challange lol , be nice to have people join to give me a boost evey know and then,

plus with my disabilty my legs are well rested when im not peddling so i enjoy the feeling off useing them if i though it was going to be easy i would have gone for 6000 miles lol

should be experanced by then lol been triking for 2 years a year serious 50-60 miles a few day a week more if wife permits me lol

I hope it goes well, I was just little concerned as it is a frequent mistake to under estimate the difficulties of clocking these miles day after day. Not impossible, but you certainly need to be aware of this

OP
OP
lee morris

lee morris

thank you cenobelin

does this mean your join in for a day or two when i pass the top off southhampton , ill need a good boost by then lol

DaveyB1981

I'll join on phase 2 if you are anywhere near me! (my route planning aint great, but I doubt you will be passing the North West?)

Either way, good luck!

Dave

OP
OP
lee morris

lee morris

You're not passing anywhere near Hull are you?

Yes my it man is alittle slow getting route up for phase 2 so heres the few days im near you towns ill be passing though
Day 5​
Mablethorpes – Cleethorpes – ulceby – barton apon humber – hessle​
53.2 miles​
Day 6​
Hessle – hedon – withersea – cowden​
57 miles​
regards Lee

OP
OP
lee morris

lee morris

I'd love to join for this leg :thumbsup: Cowden, is spitting distance from home.
Have you got accomodation sorted? Cause Cowden's a bit of a strange spot to end for the day :blush:

not yet i need defo numbers by jan/feb then ill start cchasing campsites, hostels, farmers ect.. i have vanes sorted so if we need to drive to accomdation thats fine

if you register on my website ill send you full details ,

www.no-limitz.org.uk

regards lee

Top Bottom