no longer seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I used to stand at a bus stop in Birmingham City Centre as a kid and every ledge on the old buildings would be covered in thousands of sparrows. Don't see many now.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Those "invalid cars" were always in the corner at footy matches...
And Justjim... my sister still makes those salads... a nice change sometimes from yer usual these days.

asterix

Comrade Member
Sorry self employed no idea what a pay rise is.

Used to see these all the time when I was a kid, but dont see these anymore (not round ere anyway):

invacarac.jpg

Why don't you get a proper job then? e.g. work in a bank.

Sorry self employed no idea what a pay rise is.

Used to see these all the time when I was a kid, but dont see these anymore (not round ere anyway):

invacarac.jpg

Probably get shot down in flames for this but here goes. When I was in my youth we used to call them crip cruisers. Does anybody else ever remember calling them that?

<Goes and takes cover in deep concrete bunker with tin hat on>

<Pops back out to say " when I was at the Queen Elizabeth Training College in Leatherhead in 1983/4 they where still using them at the the unit for the severely disabled at Banstead House, for driver training perposes". Pops back in>

Fluffy toilet seat covers and crinolined lady spare bog rollcovers.

My gran had that upstairs and downstairs, and my mate's MiL still does...!

Spangles .. although we have Marathons, Opal Fruits still with us.. just different names
round our way - donkeys and horses... The beast of burden was still seen on the roads with sticks/turf in their creels. Horses cutting hay / pulling carts.. see horses still of course but they're being used for Leisure.
and finally leave you with woollen cycling shorts with real chamois insert (That went hard as a rock after being washed, and definitely needed chamois cream (what we have now as chamois cream ain't the same either). Woolen cycling jerseys.. Toe clips (OK I know they're still around but rarely seen) and hammer on cleats for cycling shoes.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Haha, invacars! spaz chariots up my way too! saw loads of them, also for some reason tonnes of VW beatles in that horrid egg shell blue colour.
3 wheel reliant robins! gone the way of the C2V methinks.

lol @ the fluffy toilet seat covers remember them.
Glass cups, when i was about 8-9 they were all the rage, smoke glass tho never clear.
wool pants, not just any wool but those ones that looked like you'd not tuned your tv properly and all you were getting was static.
TV's with dials, my first tv had dials and i had to litterally tune it every time i wanted to change chanel, i think it was bakalite too, later i got a massive upgrade, a push button!
VCR's, top loaders or front loaders, or those uber expensive double casette jobs that your m8's dad had and could copy films on.
Record players, every stereo came with one regardless of cd players, now they're only a niche thing...
fairy liquid bottles! ok i know they've done that limited "classic" one but seriously fairy changing their bottles culled the imagination of MILLIONS of children.
Marathons - stupid new name
those old ringpulls you had to completely remove, then you could use the ring with the tab and it'd be like a little spring loaded frisby thing. horrible for cutting your fingers on mind.
the Tufty club! :sad:

Top Bottom