no longer seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
[QUOTE 1406885"]
White dog poo is the obvious one.

But what about Teddy Boys? And why were they always in pairs?
[/quote]

The alley between Avenue Road and Queens Road in Gosport .................................... white dog poo
tongue.gif

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Luncheon Vouchers
Cigarette coupons
Number Six
Those strange oily leather belts that picked up dirt round the outside of your Sturmey Archer three speed hub.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Stop it now, jealousy is a cruel mistress :stop: Spent ages learning all the classics as a young teenager, Sweaty Bettty, Dan's Underpants, Beer & Sex & Chips & Gravy, Buenos Aires etc, etc - happy days :thumbsup:
Mutley is a top poet/songwriter. Despite the filth sexism racism etc. the lyrics were well thought out and satirical. He claims to this day his Mum and Dad have never heard any of the songs. :laugh:

Davidc

Guru
I've still got one, black and white, naturally. I'll be upgrading with some regret when they turn the analogue off later in the summer.

A remote will be nice, but it'll cut down the amount of exercise I get.

1. Buy a digibox with RF output - that way you can still use it.

Now on to the silly suggestion .........

2. If you really want to go on using the dial - buy several digiboxes with RF outputs then tune them to different stations and set them to produce their signals on different channels. Combine their signals and feed the result to your TV. You can then use the dial to select the station you want!

(This will probably cost more than buying a new TV set, but at least you can go on having a B&W TV licence.)

It's not quite so silly when dealing with sheltered accommodation with over 30 flats and a load of TVs nearly as old as their occupants, all on a communal aerial system, even if the specific kit is a bit more upmarket.

tyred

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1306360024' post='1683350']
Talk of cars reminds me of those winter mornings when the street would be full of cars going rrrrrer-rrrrer-rrrrrrer-rrrrrerrr-rrrrrerrrr rrrrerrrrrrr-rrrrrerrrrrrr-rrrrrerrrrrr-rrrrrrrrrerrrrr rrrrrrerrrrrrr-rrrrrrrerrrr-rrrrrrrrrerrrrrrr-rrrrrrrrerrrrrrr

Nowadays, cars start.

[/quote]

Six month old Datsuns with rust holes in the front wings, being able to see your feet through the rust holes in the boot floor of a 4 year old MkV Cortina, Triumph Dolomites sitting at the side of the road in a cloud of steam, Morris Marians with collapsed front trunnions, they just don't build cars like they used to

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My English teacher used to smoke his pipe in class in the good old pre-PC days. :becool:
A friend of mine once told me about a teacher of his who kept a rolling kit in one of his jacket pockets who would, mid-flow and without a pause, casually drop a hand into the pocket, followed by a mini frenzy of fumbling, at the conclusion of which he would withdraw a perfectly-rolled fag, stick it in his mouth and light up. How cool is that?

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Snuff.

My dad used to take snuff. Occasionally, as he got old, he would have a little "accident" resulting from taking too much snuff at one, leading to a sneezing fit, the open snuff box being launched into the air, causing a coughing-sneezing-eye-watering apoplectic fit, causing the coffee mug to be knocked over into the crotch, causing a screaming-flailing-coughing-sneezing-eye-watering spasm, followed by my mum having to clean the carpet and vacuum his chair while he went to clean himself and change his clothes because he was covered in coffee and snuff and he'd pissed himself from sneezing and coughing so hard.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1306404396' post='1683805']
A friend of mine once told me about a teacher of his who kept a rolling kit in one of his jacket pockets who would, mid-flow and without a pause, casually drop a hand into the pocket, followed by a mini frenzy of fumbling, at the conclusion of which he would withdraw a perfectly-rolled fag, stick it in his mouth and light up. How cool is that?
[/quote]

I can recall watching a western film and there was a cowboy who rolled a ciggie using one hand, thought it was pretty cool at the time - can't remember the name of the film though!

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Donkey jackets
Proper tramps
Lorries with the cab missing and the driver in a bala clava
Dandruff
Beer glasses with handles
Surf boards being used
Pony and traps
Old diesel thumper trains
Rag and bone men

colly