no more horses for a while

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A hourse is something you transport a deceased horse in. Pulled by humans sporting plumed hats, to that great meadow in the sky...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Noodley, she looks lovely, a bit like Puzzle, only Puzzle has more white than brown. Of all the horses at the school, I'd like to own Puzzle... She's smart enough to compensate for my hamfistedness, pops over little jumps beautifully (I haven't the nerve for anything bigger), and generally goes at just the pace I feel happy with....

Annoyingly, I don't think I have a photo of her.... Which reminds me, must get onto my mate about downloading the photos she took on her phone at our Christmas 'gymkhana', where we were all riding tiny ponies, it was like a scene from a Thelwell book....

BTW, according to my limited experience, French horses don't like polo mints. I came acoss one while I was over there last year, offered it a polo, it took it, sucked for a second and spat it out! Never met a horse that didn't like polos, and wondered if it's only us Brits who thought of giving a horse a mint? I've had horses follow me all the way along a hedge, angling for a polo mint.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Have a look on Gumtree.com, Mrs. tdr1nka's mum was looking into horse loans and sharing schemes, some owners only want a small contribution to upkeep or just general help in excercising and day to day care.

Have you thought of getting a job at a stables?

T x

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
tdr1nka said:
Have a look on Gumtree.com, Mrs. tdr1nka's mum was looking into horse loans and sharing schemes, some owners only want a small contribution to upkeep or just general help in excercising and day to day care.

Have you thought of getting a job at a stables?

T x

Yeah, I guessed someone might suggest that - but I'm not qualified for anything, and I think they have plenty or free labour from teenage girls...

I do have a friend with her own pony, although she (the pony) is a little bit young and lively for me to handle... I've had a ride on her, but only on a lunge rein.

With a bit of luck, I'll get a part time job soon that lets me have the right afternoon off and I'll be able to go with my friends again. But it's been lovely just to finally learn to ride - I wanted to since I was a litle girl.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Arch said:
Yeah, I guessed someone might suggest that - but I'm not qualified for anything, and I think they have plenty or free labour from teenage girls...

Unfortunatly it can be seen as a euphomism for other activities but there's still a lot to be said for an older woman with more experience. No harm in asking.

T x

Amanda P

Legendary Member
You can't ride her, but if you need a shot of horsey company, go here (just a pleasant hour or so's ride out from York) and say hello to Bonnie. We also call her Old Stinker. She's reputed to be at least thirty years old and looks it, but she gets rather lonely (probably something to do with her smell...)

We stop and have a quick chat with her most days on the way to work. So now she whinnies hopefully at anyone who goes past in a yellow jacket. She's very freindly. (Don't feed her, though - she's apparently got diverticulosis and is on a special diet, and in any case, feeding other peoples' horses is bad form, donchaknow).

Noodley

Arch said:
Noodley, she looks lovely, a bit like Puzzle, only Puzzle has more white than brown. Of all the horses at the school, I'd like to own Puzzle...

Arch, if you are ever up my way in Scotlandland give's a shout and you'll be more than welcome to have a ride...<awaits smut>...plenty of good hacks, indoor school, outdoor arena and X country course available.

Desert Orchid

Tuesday afternoons, i'm free and local :wacko:

Desertorchid.jpg

Top Bottom