No more positives - shock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maurice

Well, that's something of a let down!!

gavintc said:
Clearly, too politically sensitive to continue the testing.
Surely not, given the high profile of the latest two to be caught.

Who is going to break the bad news to Noodley though? Clearly his crystal ball has developed a malfunction...:smile::wacko:

gavintc

Guru
I thought there were 30 samples which were unusual demanding further analysis. I just wonder if the French have dediced that enough bad news is enough bad news. I note that the Giro had already stated that they would not retest their samples. Sport is a business, we should not be surprised when decisions are made that are for short term benefit.

I retain my cynical and jaundiced view on most things I read in the press. The first thing to ask when reading a report in a paper is why is it being reported, not what is being reported.

Noodley

Chuffy said:
Surely not, given the high profile of the latest two to be caught.

Who is going to break the bad news to Noodley though? Clearly his crystal ball has developed a malfunction...:smile::wacko:

It's a cover up!!! :smile:

gavintc said:
I thought there were 30 samples which were unusual demanding further analysis. I just wonder if the French have dediced that enough bad news is enough bad news. I note that the Giro had already stated that they would not retest their samples. Sport is a business, we should not be surprised when decisions are made that are for short term benefit.
Nah. When you've announced that a double stage winner and the KOM winner are officially on the naughty step then there the news can't get much worse. There were 30 samples (is that samples or riders btw, seeing as Kohl and Schumacher tested positive on two stages each?) meriting further investigation, specifically for CERA, then it's no surprise that not all of them have come up positive. If there was a test for autologous blood-transfusion then maybe we'd be looking at a few more. If they say that there are no more positives to come then I believe them.

Can't see why the Giro won't re-test, other than being a bit crap.

Noodley

Oh well, never mind. Basso returns in a few days time and is due to race in Japan on the 26th. And Mancebo is in talks with Rock Racing. All good fun.

Any other cheats making a comeback?

Noodley said:
Oh well, never mind. Basso returns in a few days time and is due to race in Japan on the 26th. And Mancebo is in talks with Rock Racing. All good fun.

Any other cheats making a comeback?
Big Jan gives the thumbs up to Vino return.
"Jan Ullrich applauded the potential return of Alexander Vinokourov to the peloton, but said he could envision problems at Team Astana, with Alberto Contador, Lance Armstrong and others fighting it out to be team leader.

"I think it is right that 'Vino' comes back, because everyone deserves a second chance," the 34-year-old former rider said to Eurosport."
So that's all ok then. ;)

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
£5 in the Godwin fund please! ;)

...and the Krays were lovely boys who were good to their muvver.

I'm waiting for Cunobelin to tell me off for equating Hitler with Vino:biggrin:

rich p said:
I'm waiting for Cunobelin to tell me off for equating Hitler with Vino:biggrin:
Hang on, I need a mouthful of tea so that I can spray it over the keyboard. ;)
biggrinflip.gif

Noodley

Right, let's get this witch hunt back in gear :biggrin:

Ricco, by his own admission, took CERA the day before the Tour.
He won stage 6 on July 10.
He won stage 9 on July 13.
He tested positive on July 17.
So that is at least two tests which missed him.

Damsgaard states WADA rules do not result in dopers being caught (note the rider featured in the top story :?:smile::
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jul08/jul21news2

I wonder how many irregularities there were in the remaining tests....:biggrin:

<...or should I just drop it? :smile::rolleyes:>

Skip Madness

Noodley said:
I wonder how many irregularities there were in the remaining tests....:biggrin:

<...or should I just drop it? :wahhey::evil:>
Well, possibly. The problem as far as I see it is that in tests of this nature - which involve (inevitably) somewhat arbitrary criteria for what constitutes a positive control - you will always get cases which indicate cheating but dip just under the necessary thresholds. Damsgaard wants the criteria tightened up and re-defined to be more effective, which seems reasonable enough, but until WADA do something we cannot do much except have our unconfirmed doubts.

Top Bottom