Why do so many Pro Racing Cyclists now have Beards ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Ah, but you see, sirrah we know we are manly ...
I'm clean shaven to express my feminine side. That doesn't make me any less of a man... in fact, expressing one's sense of femininity by removing facial hair with a bladed instrument is pretty much the most manly thing a man can do :rolleyes:

That doesn't make me any less of a man...

I wouldn't imply otherwise.

Unfortunately the last time I shaved my beard off it didn't look like an expression of femininity; I just looked like I was fifteen...

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm clean shaven to express my feminine side. That doesn't make me any less of a man... in fact, expressing one's sense of femininity by removing facial hair with a bladed instrument is pretty much the most manly thing a man can do :rolleyes:
Were/Are you any faster once facial hair was removed though?

Horn is made of keratin, which is the same material that hair and nails is made of.

Therefore it stands to reason that as young libidinous men are horny, their keratin production is needed elsewhere. Once that calms down in the middle age the production is redirected to previously under-represented areas such as the face or that solitary one-inch-long eyebrow hair that appears suddenly and makes a bid for freedom.
Get away. I'm 53 and as horny AF.

Get away. I'm 53 and as horny AF.
I understand that topical cream can help with such matters

mustang1

Guru
So you agree that a full beard will make a difference to the air flow regarding aerodynamics ?
Yes, as much as an internally routed cable.
Sometimes I think aero road bikes have more aero "features" than a TT bike! For exampel Trek have that little folding/unfolding flap at the head tube when going round a corner. Yes, it makes a 0.000001 (or whatever) reduction in Cd but, ya know, not enough difference.

Top Bottom