No need for Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnsie

....and sleet and snow in Norfolk. Luckily no p*n*t*r* like last week when missus johnsie had to come to my rescue.

redjedi

Über Member
ianrauk said:
A very wet commute home indeed... not content with throwing buckets of the wet stuff down he decided to throw some hail at me too... buggerations it hurt

HobbesChoice said:
I'm with you there Ian! I got a couple straight in the face too! ;)

I was like a dog at traffic lights trying to shake the excess water off!

I suggest you get yourselves a Cycle Chat cap.

I wore mine for the first time this week as I can't wear my contact lenses yet. It kept most of the rain and hail off my face, glasses and head. Hardly even noticed.

Still available from Will1985 HERE

garrilla

trsleigh said:
Carrier bags work for me in extremis.
I've been try to find overshoes for "normal shoes" ( Usually I wear Clarkes with large soles ). All the overshoes I've seen so far seem to be designed for trainers / cycling shoes. Does anyone know a brand that makes generously sized overshoes that will fit comfortably over large soled shoes?

I have a pair of Altura Waterproof over shoes - I have worn them over work boots as they are wrap-around and velcro rather than neoprene
http://www.cyclesuk.com/309-272099

potsy

Rambler
I've recently started wearing a cycling cap under the helmet on rainy days,better glasses protection than just the helmet visor.
Used to wear contacts years ago,but they were the costly toric ones.Would now like laser surgery but am too chicken:blush:

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a pair of overshoes that will fit over my big work boots, I just brought ones that were a bigger size than I normally buy.

Top Bottom