No need for Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugner

Well yesterday's commute home was refreshing, I think flippers rather than overshoes were needed.

In fact, there must be a niche in the market for flippers with built in spd cleats :tongue:

trsleigh

Bugner said:
Well yesterday's commute home was refreshing, I think flippers rather than overshoes were needed.

In fact, there must be a niche in the market for flippers with built in spd cleats :tongue:

Carrier bags work for me in extremis.
I've been try to find overshoes for "normal shoes" ( Usually I wear Clarkes with large soles ). All the overshoes I've seen so far seem to be designed for trainers / cycling shoes. Does anyone know a brand that makes generously sized overshoes that will fit comfortably over large soled shoes?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A very wet commute home indeed... not content with throwing buckets of the wet stuff down he decided to throw some hail at me too... buggerations it hurt

HobbesChoice

ianrauk said:
A very wet commute home indeed... not content with throwing buckets of the wet stuff down he decided to throw some hail at me too... buggerations it hurt

I'm with you there Ian! I got a couple straight in the face too! ;)

I was like a dog at traffic lights trying to shake the excess water off!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep... bit of the old face stinger.. so bad so couldn't wear my cycling glasses.. so a squinty ride was had.. and had I known would have worn a helmet for hail against head protection..;)

HobbesChoice said:
I'm with you there Ian! I got a couple straight in the face too! :biggrin:

I was like a dog at traffic lights trying to shake the excess water off!

HobbesChoice

Don't worry too much Ian, the hail had "vent" magnets on them. I was wearing a crash hat but still got hit a lot! The peak and my skull cap gave me better protection!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I usually wear a helmet in the rain for the visor/glasses protection. Luckily the hail was only a short burst... funny thing is I could hear it coming from behind me before I felt it..

HobbesChoice said:
Don't worry too much Ian, the hail had "vent" magnets on them. I was wearing a crash hat but still got hit a lot! The peak and my skull cap gave me better protection!

Andy 71

Bugner said:
In fact, there must be a niche in the market for flippers with built in spd cleats ;)

Shimano actually sell these - well, SPD sandals to be more precise.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=12261&src=froogle

Moodyman

Legendary Member
'Does anyone know a brand that makes generously sized overshoes that will fit comfortably over large soled shoes?'

I had the same problem as you. I bought smaller size overshoes and wear them over my socks but inside the shoes. They work just as well at keeping the feet warm.

Top Bottom