No-one will steal my helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
Is it that thieves are getting lazy, or is it just that they don't wear helmets?

2 years ago, in mid September 2010, I was given a new helmet. Similar type to the one I already had.

I had a mid price Giro one, then 2 years old, which I wear sometimes to keep my head warm &/or the wife happy.

I decided to see how long it would take to be stolen if I always left it unlocked on the bike, then I'd start using the new one. Saved always taking it with me when I left the bike.

Several hundred goes at being left unlocked hung over the bars and the new one is still in its box.

I'm mystified. If I forget to take any of the detachable lights off they're gone. I've had bells nicked. I had the straps nicked out of some toe clips. I've had a bungee cord nicked. All this and the freely available, ready to steal, openly advertised helmet is always still there.

It's not as if it smells. I wash it frequently. It's getting a bit old but it doesn't look too battered and it's all still there. Why don't any of the thieves in Taunton, Bristol, Bridgwater, London, Sutton, Croydon, Kingston, Epsom, Exeter, Tiverton or Wellington want it? (And they're only the places it's been left more than once and I can think of).

Explanations please?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Leave it in Norwich, hubby needs a new lid ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom