1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No shoot, Sherlock!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by trustysteed, 21 Dec 2007.

1. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

This explains why I don't get out of breath using the remote while watching footie on the TV. I thought I was just super fit. Thank God for universities and research, I say!

3. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I suspect (I think I remember hearing it) that when it came out, the Wii was hailed as the way to get kids more active... so this research probably did need to be done, to dispel the myth...

4. walker

walker New Member

5. OP
    OP
    trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

cos he never made it to the kitchen?

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

People have died playing computer games by not taking breaks, eating, sleeping etc. (cue the crazy Japs) so that's probably how he lost a stone !!!

7. rich p

Do you have an undeclared interest in standing up for uni researchers?:angry:

8. Well at least its independent. If Sony did (read: funded) a similar piece of research they'd hardly say that the Wii is bad for you; and if their competitors did (again read: funded) the research they'd come out saying that their particular product is better...

9. rich p

Whoa! I was just kidding! Some of my best friends are researchers (and my wife incidentally):biggrin:

10. Doesn't :biggrin: mean that you're being antagonistic...?

11. rich p

I thought it meant mischievous but profuse apologies if you're that easily offended:blush::biggrin:

12. Offended? No not at all. I thought you were trying to provoke an argument so I was stating my case. Not aggressively I might add.

13. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

The Wii is light exercise to some muscles, it is not vigorous exercise. If you play some of the games like they were designed by flicking the wrists well they use barely any energy, if you get into it and go OTT then they use a fair bit but it's still light exercise.