No stock anywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveM77

I’m looking for 2 Shimano Dura Ace SM-RT900 Ice-Tec Center Lock Disc Brake Rotors 160mm but they seem out of stock everywhere. Even none on eBay.
Anyone know of any anywhere I can get my hands on?

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:

monkers

Veteran
I’m looking for 2 Shimano Dura Ace SM-RT900 Ice-Tec Center Lock Disc Brake Rotors 160mm but they seem out of stock everywhere. Even none on eBay.
Anyone know of any anywhere I can get my hands on?

I see your difficulty, no stock at the suppliers I tend to use either. This maybe something that you don't particularly wish to hear, but Shimano have been having problems with those particular rotors.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utMchnpW1vo

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As a general point, availability of Shimano bits has always been patchy, both to bike makers and the wholesale and retail trade.

It's routine for even a popular component to be out of stock for months.

More a problem for the bike makers, because they can't get their new models built and launched.

There might be some stock in the retail chain to fill in the hiatus, and it's easier for retailers to offer an alternative because most customers are not too fussed about getting the exact model replacement spare part.

I think I ended up with next model up or down when I needed a Shimano brake calliper and none of the model already on the bike were available.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's a massive industry problem worldwide for Shimano.

My son's team bike's sat in Belgium awaiting Shimano shifters, brake calipers and derailleurs. Ridley aren't expecting stock until late June.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
My new bike is ready (having been ordered early December last year) except for a Dura-ace front mech and L/H brifter - until the supplier can get these my bike sits gathering dust in the back of the shop .... frustrated doesn’t begin to explain how I feel especially now the weather is warming up nicely. They can’t even tell me when to expect it and they are the official distributor in this country - hopeless :rolleyes:

pawl

Legendary Member
Don’t have a problem with my Shimano rim brake pads.

Sorry that’s not really helpful

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
in a similar vein mrs ck wants a cross trainer to start doing a bit of exercise, one with a seat as her balance isnt the best due to her stroke a while back and the nearest argos stock was over 40 miles away, decathlon had no stock at all so i had to use amazon

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Do you have to use DA rotors with that calliper? I am more used to discs on my mtb where the rotors don't have to be the same brand as the calliper simply a compatible size.

Reactions: C R

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do you have to use DA rotors with that calliper? I am more used to discs on my mtb where the rotors don't have to be the same brand as the calliper simply a compatible size.

I agree the problem should be easily sortable if all the OP needs is a functioning rotor.

Reactions: C R
I've been waiting on a new trek road bike since last Autumn, I call the dealer once a month or so, every time I call, the ETA is put back another month or two. They can't/wont say the exact cause, but they are hinting it's component shortages. I needed a new 12spd cassette for another bike recently and was very fortunate to find a store in Spain with stock, I bit the bullet and paid the extra postage (about £6) as nowhere in the UK had any at the time. I signed up to a bunch of stock alerts with the big stockists, not one of them have pinged yet so looks like I was lucky and made the right call.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I agree the problem should be easily sortable if all the OP needs is a functioning rotor.
exactly this, its no difference to a cassette /chain/ brake blocks, a replaceable wear and tear item. Anything compatible from the shimano range does the job, functionality is no different and only the very hawk eyed will tell the difference. often the supposedly lower group set bits last longer anyway. Shifters / mechs / brake calipers are different, you do want what you've paid thru the nose for on those bits

Top Bottom