No stock!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

Leemi1982

Thanks.. I am thinking of the domaine range guess I’ll just have to be patient at least it will be going into better weather

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks.. I am thinking of the domaine range guess I’ll just have to be patient at least it will be going into better weather
Not really entry level? Look for a used one?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not really entry level? Look for a used one?

The Domane is an interesting bike from a marketing perspective.

Complete Domanes range from £625 to £10,000+.

This means a £625 Domane buyer can benefit from a halo effect of a bike with the same name costing many times as much.

Conversely, the £10k Domane buyer might be a little hacked off to think a relative pauper can afford a bike with the same name as he can.

Trek will know all this, and have clearly taken the view extra halo effect sales of cheaper Domanes will outweigh any lost sales of the top of the range bikes.

Most other makers disagree, entry level bikes going up to about £5k might carry the same name, but £5k bikes and above would be given a different name to reassure those buyers of their superiority.

In the car world, Jaguar had a similar problem with the XJ series in the 70s.

Because the shape didn't change for such a long time, cheap second hand XJs became available.

This meant the factory floor worker could afford the same shaped car as his managing director, which was said to harm new XJ sales.

Rumour at the time was BMW cured the same problem by buying knackered old Beemers and scrapping them, thereby keeping them out of the hands of poor people and preserving the image of BMW as a premium brand.

yeah definitely been hard to get bikes in stock
not just bikes though, most places i go something is out of stock
never been so hard to spend money :wacko::tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Popped in to Stockport's Decathlon yesterday. Still very low on bike stocks and accessories. Limited choice on tyres and tubes - they didn't have any of their shrink wrapped twin packs of tubes ! :wacko: Bike stocks, forget it !

Dan77

You could use an Apollo on a turbo trainer and it would feel the same!

Almost the same perhaps but I can only justify or have space for one road bike at the moment so I'd rather have a nice bike that I can use indoors and outdoors. They've brought the shipping date forward to next week thankfully. Maybe if I move house in a couple of years I can make sure there is enough space for a proper pain cave and storage to justify an extra bike.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Very lucky at our LBS, picked a new bike from their website last week and it was in the shop two days later picked up Saturday. Good service all round.

bunnym0b

Regular
Cycle solutions are pretty good once you know what you want. Thats not to say that the Local Bike Shop won't have anything in your size, price colour and style/type. My Pashley was well worth the wait.

Top Bottom