no tie shoelace conversion ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Has anyone converted their cycling shoes from laces to no tie ones?
I know the likely hood of the laces getting trapped is small but im of half a mind to convert my shoes to the no lace ones

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Been boa a while

presta

Guru
I know the likely hood of the laces getting trapped is small but im of half a mind to convert my shoes to the no lace ones

I just tuck the loose ends under the laces. Prior to that I've snapped a few in the chainring.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
When I had laced shoes I used the shortest possible laces. I might go back to laces, as and when I need new shoes.

Mike_P

Guru
What others are there?

Gravel

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Boa doesn't really solve the issue of converting a pair of shoes as boa "laces " need reinforced eyelets .Im not after another pair of shoes as there is nothing wrong with them i am just considering my options

Reactions: C R

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
IMG_20231019_110221.jpg

Don't have any trouble with the laces of these bad boys. They do 100 miles a day road rides and dry weather MTB rides of 20-40 miles. Laces work ok, I guess not having them too long is the main criteria?

I have a pair of LG shoes with laces that I bought for triathlon - so I replaced them just with elastic - easy to slip on and off and I was racing IM distance so it wasn't high energy riding - just steady pacing. Worked fine for that.

I've put laces back in for more energetic riding now.

Might as well try it - it's only the cost of some elastic.

Top Bottom