No wonder bus drivers get annoyed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domestique

Über Member
nickb said:
Well aren't we all a bunch of holier-than-thou saints? Let's all have a big collective 'Aaah' for bus drivers everywhere.

You know what I think? F U C K 'em! I've yet to come across a bus driver here in Cardiff than doesn't think I shouldn't be cycling in his or her lane and doesn't overtake with just millimetres to spare just to let me know it.

I'm sick and tired of listening to all this 'if we're all nice & considerate to them, they'll treat us fairly' bullshit. It doesn't make a bit of difference.

Do you think the bus drivers get together and chat to each other over their morning cuppa or post to busdriverchinwag.com pleading with each other to be nice to cyclists?

I spent 10 years doing it by the book, thinking 'what goes around, comes around', but it makes no difference. Now I do it my way and treat everyone on the road, from pedestrians to HGVs (including other cyclists), as a threat.

Bus's round here are normally ok, but I see your point and dont disagree.
One thing for sure afaiac, there is no way I am giving chocs or flowers to anyone for driving correctly.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Postive reinforcement is by far the most effective way to get people to improve, especially when leavened by a little fair and friendly criticism. As a self-employed teacher I know this more than most.

Top Bottom