Nob question on veloce brakes pleeze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
ok my front brake is out of kilt...when I pull on the lever the brake pads press onto the rim ok as normal...but when I release the lever the right had pad does not release from the rim but the left one does. I can reach down and pull the right hand side and it clicks back into the correct position again. Its as if the right hand side is sticking. I tightened th etension in the cable..no diference, loosened it, no difference. It's defo something sticky on th eright hand caliper...any ideas?

TIA

Boab:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not being a campag person, and only just into dual pivot (yeh right but DA single pivots are rather awesome, and pretty).... There should be an adjuster screw - if not, the old fashioned method, is to use a cone spanner (i.e. the thin ones) to move the calliper - slot the cone spaner - 13mm to 15mm not sure, in next to frame.calliper and adjust.

Archie

Errrr.....
There should be a 2mm allen key screw on the side of the brake to adjust the tension on the spring. Just apply the brakes then adjust this until the distance on each side is equal. If you still can't stop them rubbing then release the cable tension a bit and try again.

No idea whether they are similar, but I had a similar problem recently on a tectro caliper brake. Root cause was one of the joints not moving properly. Solution was to take it off the bike, dismantle, grease and re-assemble. Now it is as smooth as silk.

Radius

SHREDDER
Could either be gummed up (ie: stiff) as Touche says, or fixed on too tight; I had that problem with the old Weinmann calipers on the fixed, and I loosened the rear nut on the clamping bolt, did the job.

Top Bottom