Nobbly tyre for Trice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
I would like to fit a tyre with a chunkier tread on the rear wheel of my 20"Trice but am unsure about the mudguards clearance. I did ask ICE and was told that a Schwalbe 2.125 x 20" Mad Mike tyre would not fit. However would the 1.75 fit?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I would like to fit a tyre with a chunkier tread on the rear wheel of my 20"Trice but am unsure about the mudguards clearance. I did ask ICE and was told that a Schwalbe 2.125 x 20" Mad Mike tyre would not fit. However would the 1.75 fit?
As it is narrower I'd say so, what size is on there now.

I run a Big Apple (50-406) on the back of my Sprint.
But to fit and run it, it's best to remove the spacer between the end of the mud guard and the frame.
That gives you a lot better clearance and you're less likely to get a wedge of mud stuck there.
Not sure how much bigger a tyre size I can go.

OP
OP
Tilley

Tilley

Über Member
For anyone else looking to get more traction on slimy road surfaces or tracks, I have successfully fitted the Schwalbe Mad Mike 20 x 1.75 to the rear wheel of my Trice with no adjustment of the rear mudguard.

byegad

Legendary Member
I had a Big Apple 60mm on the back of my QNT, then changed it to a 50mm BA in order to standardise front and back tyre sizes. The 60mm gave wonderful grip on steep and slippery roads.

Top Bottom