Nobby Stiles has died now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Just found out Nobby Stiles has died now.What a memory from 66.I was only watching him and the team on a 66 article on YT.Martin Peters refused to go out on the evening after the game.He fancied a night in.RIP Nobby thanks for the memory of your dance.

Chris S

Legendary Member
He was probably the last white man to be called 'Norbert'.

1966 Semi v Portugal:
“Nobby was what you would now call a midfield destroyer. He didn’t take any prisoners and, to be completely honest, I think Eusébio was a little bit afraid. I think there was a part of him that didn’t fancy it.”

clid61

Veteran
Why do ALL football clubs have a minutes silence for someone who was not associated with their club. Why do All football clubs have poppies on shirts in November and when will this taking the knee stop , if they're trying to be PC its emabarrising . Oh and please dont mention being role models as they cheat like fook on field of play

Norbert Dentressangle?
I first noticed the Norbert Dentressangle freight lorries when I was bumming around and hitch-hiking in France during the summer of 1980. On regular trips to France (boozy day-trips to Calais/Dieppe or skiing holidays to the Alps, I'd always see a few, giving me a happy glow of nostalgia.

Even cycling down through France in the late autumn of 2005, I'd still notice these lorries, and the glow returned.

But seeing them on motorways in England: now that was a real thrill. 🙂

Back to our Nobby. A hard player who gave it his all. RIP

Not too many still alive from that '66 team. 😢

Top Bottom