Noisy Disc Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Hi All, has anybody else suffered from a clicking/rattling noise from the spring that holds the front disc pads in place? Would it make a difference if I removed it, opened it up a bit and then put it back in?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That indicates to me that the pads are worn down and the spring is scraping the rotors.

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
That indicates to me that the pads are worn down and the spring is scraping the rotors.
Thanks for the suggestion, but in this instance the pads/disc are brand new. I recently fitted some TRP Calipers and replaced the pads at the same time. I had a 'clicking' sound whilst braking with my previous Calipers which I put down to a possible bent rotor catching during every revolution. This time it is more of a rattle as I ride over rough surfaces. I can move the spring/shim with my finger so it definitely has play but, I suppose the tension is only required at the 'wider' end so my previous idea of stretching/opening the spring would have no effect on the 'thin' end really. The retaining hex-head bolt through the pads is nice and tight so it is definitely the 'thin' end of the spring rattling against the 'thin' ends of the pads. I was wondering if I could somehow pack it?

Top Bottom