noisy front brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bungee

Yes,, but you could also do with making sure all the fitting bolts are torqued up properly, and that your rotor bolts are all snug. You'll need a torx key I expect.
You also need to make sure the braking material hasn't come adrift from the backing on the pads.

Thanks, don't quite understand the second bit, about the braking material coming adrift from the backing on the pads. What do you mean by that ? Excuse my ignorance.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Thanks, don't quite understand the second bit, about the braking material coming adrift from the backing on the pads. What do you mean by that ? Excuse my ignorance.
The brake pads have a block of friction material fixed to a metal backing plate, just like a car's brake pads. The material eventually wears off, but that isn't likely as you've only done 150 miles. Some pads fail, as the material simply comes adrift from the backing plate. That would then mean a metal on metal contact, and a possible reason for the squealing noises you describe.

To check the pads, take your wheel off the bike and shine a torch at the pads. The should have a bare minimum of 1/2 mm of material left. If not, you'll need to change them.

The vibrations you describe are possibly indicative of a loose rotor, loose caliper or a warped or bent rotor.

Top Bottom