Noisy Knee!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For the last few weeks I get click from my right knee.
It doesn't hurt but is loud enough to be heard.
It only happens when I going uphill. I'm hoping it's not serious enough to need surgery?

I've had surgery, and a new knee and it still clicks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Unlikely given there’s no pain and your age. Keep on pedalling, use a lower gear on hills :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For the last few weeks I get click from my right knee.
It doesn't hurt but is loud enough to be heard.
It only happens when I going uphill. I'm hoping it's not serious enough to need surgery?
Are you absolutely SURE that it is your knee? I had a very similar problem bothering me for months and it turned out to be worn bearings in my lefthand pedal! :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Years ago I had a mountaineering accident requiring an operation on a tendon just above the knee. For a few years after, during winter when cold, the knee would make a noise. It no longer makes the noise. The knee has been fine.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Definitely the knee.
Good luck with it then!

Coincidentally, I woke up this morning with my right hip starting to ache. Nothing too bad (yet!) but worrying, given that my dad was crippled by severe arthritis in both hips....

Good idea but I may run out of gears soon:blush:
As a matter of interest... How low is your lowest gear, and how steep are the hills in question?

OP
OP
O

oldworld

Good luck with it then!

Coincidentally, I woke up this morning with my right hip starting to ache. Nothing too bad (yet!) but worrying, given that my dad was crippled by severe arthritis in both hips....

As a matter of interest... How low is your lowest gear, and how steep are the hills in question?
It was said tongue in cheek. I live in a fairly flat area but love to holiday in Brittany which can be hilly.
Occasionally I have been in the smallest ring and in the smallest but one on the 8 speed cassette. Other times I'm happy to get off and walk.
I will at sometime get an ebike but I'd like to continue with a normal bike for as long as i can.
Luckily my mum never had arthritis so I hope I'll avoid it. Dad died at 48 so I suppose he might have developed it if he'd lived.

Top Bottom