Nokia PC Suite question; ancient phone involved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
Hello. I have backed up an ancient Nokia 2700c to Nokia PC Suite. Should I expect all the info to transfer successfully into a new smartphone?

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Expect it not to transfer. That way if it does (divine intervention), you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Better than expecting it to transfer, and being disappointed when it doesn’t. :okay:

Whats the new smartphone?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Microsoft still have the download for windows on their site so in theory you should be able to connect your new smartphone and access the data via cable or Bluetooth.
Depends on whether new phone accepts the older (almost certainly larger) SIM card.
Chopping it down too the mini version is quite easy but the nano size might be a bit tricky. Most mobile phone shops/network providers have a special clipper you can use.

midlife

Guru
Oh I never expect with grey area technology.

Eh? Literally?

Yep

a674b87a-1218-4490-8d12-50482bf23512_1.9b61810e57636ed8baef6c2f721863ea.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Used to work in a mobile testing establishment, the purchase of a punch, or a loan if you're lucky, could save tears.

Brains

Legendary Member
I went old Nokia to iPhone
I could not move the numbers
So I spent several long evenings doing a copy/paste job

On the Nokia I had all my contacts in groups: Family, Work, Club, Trades, etc.
The iPhone does not have that feature
So there is no way to hit say the group 'family' with a single message
The end result is I have had to move all the Club information to a professional (and much better) database, however it costs me £1 a week, plus 5p a text, to do the same job

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If you have the data in Nokia PC Suite, then you can just import the contacts into your chosen email/contact manager in your PC, which can sync down with your account to your new phone. Don’t go messing around with a SIM card that may or may not have anything on it.

Top Bottom