NoMowMay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will anyone be participating in this activity, or will you be growing a beard, not drinking or or otherwise engaged during May?. I have a lot of family visits and my schedule is pretty full already.

How many pollinators do you hope to get in your beard?

Jody

Stubborn git
Not me

I've already cut mine twice this year and my garden is full of insect friendly plants.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've a corner of my back garden, about 4M x 4M, that I never mow for this reason. Not trimmed it in the 14 years I've been here.

The lawns themselves will be mowed as normal.

Already have a beard long enough for birds to nest in.

Will be drinking several pints of Guinness a day throughout May.

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
Nope, I'm mowing away here, there's enough pollinators in the garden. I need to chop the rear hedges quicksmart. I was late last year and a few nests had been built...I didn't want to disturb them.

All uphill

Still rolling along
We have a large area of rough grass under an oak tree in our garden. I've been sowing wildflower seeds for three years now and am seeing a positive change - more colour, more insects, more birds.

We mow the footpaths across the area so it doesn't look unkempt.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'll keep cutting it, but probably only once. There's a giant Ceanothus in the garden which attracts masses of bees between May and September, so I'm helping along with loads of other flowering plants and bushes, together with a separate area I just leave anyway.

Top Bottom