NON PC - Homophobic/Irish joke...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Speicher said:
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Welshman walk into a Pub, so the landlord says

Is this some kind of joke?

:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

...the obvious ones are the most funniest !

zimzum42

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
if the pakistani was in the pub, i assume he was on the orange juice :rolleyes:

I used to be the only non-Pakistani in a cricket team I played for. Those boys can drink, I tell you!

asterix

Comrade Member
bobg said:
I seem to recall that in my early career spending many happing hours boozing and yarning with ships captains of many nationalities, each race gad a similar whipping boy for example Germans --- Frieslanders etc. Not the French of course but then they didnt do humour ..

Ah! I often wondered how to define 'humour'. Now I know!

LLB

Wait a minute and the PeeCee bunch will be along with some feigned shock and disdain to liven the thread up ;)

No shock, no disdain, just dismay that we still have to have this discussion.

It's funny, isn't it, how quickly people forget their history. Or perhaps they never knew it in the first place.

Ireland became England's first colony as the Norman ascendancy needed somewhere to send their bastard children so that they didn't muddy the bloodlines back in England.

Irish jokes were part of a continuum of economic and political control over Ireland and Irish people that included famine, massacre, and the exploitation of cheap labour to do shoot jobs. Although Irish jokes are "harmless" nowadays, they remind Irish people of a millenium's worth of discrimination and exploitation.

Most Irish jokes were coined at a time when "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish" signs were common in London boarding house windows.

However, nowadays Irish people are less offended by Irish jokes, secure as they are in their European and national identities, higher incomes, higher levels of education, and better long-term economic outlook than the erstwhile overlords.

LLB

Twenty Inch said:
No shock, no disdain, just dismay that we still have to have this discussion.

It's funny, isn't it, how quickly people forget their history. Or perhaps they never knew it in the first place.

Ireland became England's first colony as the Norman ascendancy needed somewhere to send their bastard children so that they didn't muddy the bloodlines back in England.

Irish jokes were part of a continuum of economic and political control over Ireland and Irish people that included famine, massacre, and the exploitation of cheap labour to do shoot jobs. Although Irish jokes are "harmless" nowadays, they remind Irish people of a millenium's worth of discrimination and exploitation.

Most Irish jokes were coined at a time when "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish" signs were common in London boarding house windows.

However, nowadays Irish people are less offended by Irish jokes, secure as they are in their European and national identities, higher incomes, higher levels of education, and better long-term economic outlook than the erstwhile overlords.

Are you of Irish descent ?

Mixed Irish-English.

Over here, the Irish AND the English call me a "plastic Paddy", over there the Irish call me a "west Brit" (mildly abusive term reserved for Protestants in the Republic).

Blue

Legendary Member
I'm Irish.

I don't mind English people telling 'Irish' jokes as I see them for what they are - inferior people trying to feel good by making their betters the butt of their low-brow humour!!

Top Bottom